• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: [OT] What about gasoline in the USA?

Share/Bookmark

[OT] What about gasoline in the USA?

Oil price has peaked to 84.10 $, today!

Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Re: [OT] What about gasoline in the USA?

Just filled up today at $2.84/gallon in Oregon. Not bad considering recent prices. VERY cheap considering what it will be next year at this time.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

I hope that it keeps going up and up! That way maybe this country will wake up and get totally away from oil and the evil folk that sell it to us. Just think how great it would be if we did not need to import any more oil. Who cares what happens in the middle east at that point.

But will our boys and girls in Washington ever get this??

My Rant for today

Peace

rikp

I haven't been keeping up with gas prices since i started stealing gas. I'm joking, i'm joking. Here, it is similar to the price in Oregon, but a little cheaper, not much though. What are the prices in Italy now? Does Europe have emergency reserves to swipe sometimes when the going gets rough like we do? When I was in Europe people kept asking about our reserves and wanted reassurance we were not using them. I didn't know the answer but now i do, and apparently yes on occasion we use them.

I think we all need to quit driving our cars.

But I really mean you not me.

I need to drive. Really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    Just filled up today at $2.84/gallon in Oregon. Not bad considering recent prices. VERY cheap considering what it will be next year at this time.

--gary shannon
    I just filled up yesterday at £1.04 per litre. That's £4.72 per gallon, which, at today's exchange rate is $9.46/gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I just filled up yesterday at £1.04 per litre. That's £4.72 per gallon, which, at today's exchange rate is $9.46/gallon.
    My daughter lives near London and she told me the same thing. These low prices in the U.S. can't last. It's not realistic.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Luckily for us, the $ is at a record low, so the gas price hasn't really moved up yet. It is still around 10DKK (1.86$) a litre / 37.85DKK (7.05$) a gallon (US).

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    $9.46 per gallon! I'd be driving my lawn tractor to work if that were the case!
    What about gasoline in the USA?
    To answer your question ... there is none. That is to say.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    To answer your question ... there is none. That is to say.
    We can thank the Democrats of the past 20-40 years for that. No new drilling. No new refineries. No new nuclear power plants (while we're discussing energy...)

I'm all for getting away from oil as quickly as possible. But until that is realistic, forcing us to rely on foreign oil is just asanine. The US has plenty of untapped oil to live on if we could get to it, but the Dems keep preventing it - then they turn around and complain about our reliance on foreign oil. Makes perfect sense to me.

Go Back to forum