• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Full Guide?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Full Guide?

I own GPO for like more than 6 months...and I just realized I know NOTHING about it...I've heard here at the forum many good compositions which sounds very realistic...and then I see people talking about cc1, cc64 the Mod Wheel..and I have no idea of how they work...

I'm really a begginer at sampling...And there is no courses about sampling in my city, so I was wondering If there is a Full Guide in PDf...I mean that explain detailed how it works...

I've read almost all Tips and tutorials at GPO website...but I'm still not able to deal with that...

Thank you!!

Bets Regards...

Renan Fersy

Re: GPO Full Guide?

i'd check out the manual that it comes with. that thing has all the info you really need. its just kind of boring to read. after that you just have to experiment with things to find out what you like the best. the things on my site are all garritan products, and i think i've been able to get pretty good sounds out of them. some people create more realistic mock-ups than other, i feel like i'm in the middle. but all in all i learned most of my stuff from reading the manuals (they are boring i know, but more fun as you realize the features).
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

The manual comes in paper sheet? That's the problem...I bought GPO from a friend of mine that used to live In England..he composed only as hobby and wasn't having much time to do it...so he sold me. But no maunal came with it.

Is there a pdf version that I can get?

Best Regards!!

The manual is most important in understanding GPO.

If you have a registered copy, go to the Native Instruments site and get the latest update. In the update is a digital manual in the documents section.

Gary Garritan

Ok, I'll just do it!! I want to understand GPO, cause it seems to be really very flexible if one is able to use it the right way. By the way, I think that some of GPO samples are the most realistic orchestral samples available. All section are good...but the woodwind section is perfect.

Thank you Gary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The manual is most important in understanding GPO.

If you have a registered copy, go to the Native Instruments site and get the latest update. In the update is a digital manual in the documents section.

Gary Garritan
    I've just tried to locate this and I must admit I am lost and could not find the digital manual. I have the update now where do I look?
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\GPO Library\Documentation

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    I've just tried to locate this and I must admit I am lost and could not find the digital manual. I have the update now where do I look?
    Check the Garritan folders on your hard drive, Samantha. There should be an updated version (KP2) of the manual in the Documentation folder. The original manual that came with GPO was very informative, but this one is even spiffier.

omigosh, Renan - I hope you've found and printed the online manual by now, since you didn't have the hard copy. I can't imagine having and successfully using GPO without the manual - As people have said here, everything you need to know really is in there. You just have to knuckle down and actually read it. 90% of the questions newcomers ask wouldn't need to be asked if they availed themselves of the concise and thorough manual.

And then when you've done that, I invite you to consider your musical results as more than "mock ups" - s-h-u-d-d-e-r. I know that people use that term without meaning for it to sound derogatory, but I really have an aversion to that term. Make recordings--good recordings. Why are they "mocking" anything? They can stand on their own - the recordings (I also avoid the word "renderings"--yikes!) you make of your compositions with the Garritan libraries.

Let us know how you're doing.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thank all of you for reply.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum