• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Water Fay Suite

Share/Bookmark

Smile The Water Fay Suite

Hello,
    I finally started a new thread for this one.
    It's titled, The Water Fay Suite: The Awakening "Sketch 1".

Here is the link: http://music.philipyon.com

Still working on getting some different chords in there though...

Thank you for listening!
    Philip

PS: Any chord suggestions would be great. Thanks! lol
    Philip
    "Imagination is nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshot of reality.
    ~ Cyril Connolly"

Re: The Water Fay Suite

Hi Philip,

There's a good buildup of instruments, dynamics and interesting harmony.
    I think that stretching it, adding some more interesting harmonies and reaching the peak at a later point would improve it, depending of course on your plan for the whole piece.
    It is however a promising sketch as it is!

Yudit

Hi Yudit,
    I agree. I am feeling the same way about it. I have a vision in my head of this enormous enchanting lake with fog rolling over the top. I want to introduce this scene before the water fay even awakes. So, waiting to bring in the build is a very good idea. Thank you very much for the input.
    I'm currently working out some chords. And I think I've finaly found some. Yay!
    I also want to put in the feeling of sinking slowly into the water. As approaching where the water fay sleeps. That could be cool. And then, BOOM. She is awake and hasn't had her coffee yet!

Take care,
    Philip
    Philip
    "Imagination is nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshot of reality.
    ~ Cyril Connolly"

Hello,
    I've updated, The Water Fay Suite: The Awakening.
    I'm wondering if the transition from 4/4 to 3/4 works. What do you all think?

http://music.philipyon.com

-Philip
    Philip
    ~ Cyril Connolly"

Keep going. We need more of this piece to listen to. Very engaging.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Just listened to sketch 2. You’re off to a great start. Nothing to suggest except to keep on doing whatever it is you’re doing now.
    Trent P. McDonald

Philip,

I just listened to Skeetch #2 and I like it very much. I think it is very much in line with the title you posted earlier. I like the theme and development and would like to hear more.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Good evening everyone,
    Thank you for checking this out. I'm glad you like it. I've never done this kind of style before. So, I am learning a lot ( again ). This is one of the more fun pieces I've worked on in a while. I've got so many ideas for it. I hope it doesn't start to meander.

I think its a little dry in parts ( in the begining ). But then again, maybe it needs that "airy" sound. That, and I think maybe the tempo could increase towards the build up. It's pretty static now with only two tempo changes.

Take care all,
    Philip
    Philip
    ~ Cyril Connolly"

PS: Gary, I hope you don't mind me visiting your page. I was listening to your "Fanfare of Celebration" music. Very nice! I love it!

Later,
    Philip
    Philip
    ~ Cyril Connolly"

Listening to Sketch 2, Philip (9 A 2).

Fascinating work... very well done; moody, subtle; cohesive
    and great color and low string work on this. The build-up in
    the tail vocals is excellent.

Keep at it. There's a ton of promise in what you're putting
    before us, Philip!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum