• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Wedding Site

The Wedding Site

Hi all,

Here's a piece recently written for piano, violin, and cello.

All three parts were played in a single pass with no tweaking - a testament to the power of the Strad and Gofriller programming.

Please, let me know what you think.

Here it is.

Re: The Wedding Site

This is very beautiful little piece and the strings were played very expressively. I just thought the piano was a little bit too much in the front. Great job. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Wilton, NH

Sounds great. The strad and grofiller are very expressive here – this could easily be mistaken for a live performance with acoustic instruments.
    Trent P. McDonald

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Wow what a lovely piece and so beautifully presented here. I am not an expert on stringed instruments but I doubt that this can get much better without going live.

That is very beautiful!
    Man, I know what I want for Christmas!
    That GopherKiller sure iz nice!
    "Imagination is nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshot of reality.
    ~ Cyril Connolly"

Very expressive and lyrical. I am always amazed at those of you who can create these DAW compositions.
    Samantha Penigar

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Nice writing and impressive rendering. I enjoyed your music, Fishbein.

Thanks for posting.

Larry G. Alexander

Just fantastic! Really beautiful. This has convinced me to put my order in for the Gofriller in as soon as possible.

Great stuff

You can listen to my latest piece here -

I liked this alot. A very nice theme. Single pass for each instrument, now I am impressed. Good job.

To All - Thanks for listening. I appreciate all the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed this piece.

- I agree that the piano is a little more upfront. This was first conceptualized for just piano, which may contribute to that. But I also wanted more of a blend rather than the strings sitting out in the front of the mix. I like where the violin is, maybe the cello could come forward a bit. I don't know... if this is ever performed, I'll let the musicians decide.

trentpmcd - As long as you keep the controllers moving, these instruments are naturally expressive and realistic. Giorgio and Stefano really did an impressive job creating these.

GaryBric - I'm no expert on strings either, and I think that Strad and Gofriller help mask that. The instruments play remarkably well to a keyboardist.

pwyon - I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Gofriller for Christmas. I got the Strad last Christmas with high expectations, and they were exceeded.

Samantha Penigar - In this instance, I'd say that the realism lies more in the power of these instruments than tweaking in a DAW. In fact, since each line was just recorded live in one pass, this could be 90% accomplished in Finale. The only lingering issue to resolve would be convolution reverb. I applied through PerfectSpace in Sonar, but could have done it within Kontakt 2.

Larry G. Alexander - Thanks Larry, always good to hear from you and see you on the forums.

KeviD - Go for it, you won't be disappointed. Hmm... maybe I should talk to Gary about a sales commission.

jaynkate01 - Thanks for your comments. I must admit that I do have some keyboard chops (not professional quality, but I've been playing for 20 years).

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast