• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX and Addictive Drums >Weird Problem

Share/Bookmark

RMX and Addictive Drums >Weird Problem

I've been working on a tune all day. RMX has one part going and AD has one of the standard kits loaded. As I keep molding my tune and adding tracks and effects (in Cubase 4) all is going well. I stop for a few hours and come back and when I go to open the RMX window, I get an "out of memory" message from RMX. I look at PC memory usage and it's at about half (using 1gb of 2gb). Lack of memory is not the problem. Finally I unload AD and go back to RMX and VOILA....I've tracked down my problem. RMX loads fine.
    For the most part I don't surf the net with this machine so I'm going to assume that a virus is not the culprit. I also have protection. So....Anyone ever experience a false out of memory message?
    At this point I have to render AD and take it out of the session. Not the way I like to work.

Dell P4 2.4
    2G Ram (Dual Channel US Modular)
    XP Home
    Cubase 4 (latest version)

Re: RMX and Addictive Drums >Weird Problem

Update: Been laying in my bed thinking about my problem. My computer was on all day and the AC has been off but it's not super hot in my studio (i'm in a basment) but not super cool either. Could my machine have been slightly overheating? I went to load the problem tune this morning and now RMX loads fine. This time I went to open the AD interface and ...poof, back to the desktop. No error message, just poof. Hmmmmmm

Re: RMX and Addictive Drums >Weird Problem

Update: Been laying in my bed thinking about my problem. My computer was on all day and the AC has been off but it's not super hot in my studio (i'm in a basment) but not super cool either. Could my machine have been slightly overheating? I went to load the problem tune this morning and now RMX loads fine. This time I went to open the AD interface and ...poof, back to the desktop. No error message, just poof. Hmmmmmm

Go Back to forum