• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt --> Kontakt2 problem

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt --> Kontakt2 problem

I am not a newbie, but I'm sure this will sound like a newbie problem.

I've been using GPO with Finale for several years with no troubles. This evening, I learned online that there were updates I needed to install, and so I did. Kontakt2 is now installed.

From within a Finale file, I choose Kontakt2 as my VSTi. I set up instruments in MIDI channels as before. Playback gives only MIDI sounds. Yes, the Kontakt2.dll file is in the Finale2007 VSTplugins.

Because I may need to get some work done soon, I try going back to the old standby GPO as my VSTi, but attempts to choose instruments tell me that the patch now works only with the new version of Kontakt.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd really value suggestions. Everything seemed intuitive right up until the time no GPO sounds came out.

Re: Kontakt --> Kontakt2 problem

Well, I still haven't tracked the problem down. But I do know it is specific to one Finale file. Other Finale files are working fine with Kontakt2.

Do a search on this forum Tony, I am sure there are similar posts here that will help.

Hi:
    I have had multiple problems with kp2 player and finale 2008. In order for me to use 2008 with kp2 player and gpo and concert band, I ended up deleting finale in its entirety and reloading it without any softsynth (wavetable synth) or smart music and copied all of garritan into the vst folder in finale. This left me with a ghost of the old gpo 2.0 that I haven't been able to get out of my finale kp2 screen as yet. Somewhere in finale or kp2 there is an artifact dll that keeps loading the ghost, I can't find it, mm can't find it and blames it on NI, and NI seems clueless and trys to change the subject. I don't think that garritan has produced the problems that I have had, most lies in NI and some in MM. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorchandler
    This left me with a ghost of the old gpo 2.0 that I haven't been able to get out of my finale kp2 screen as yet. Somewhere in finale or kp2 there is an artifact dll that keeps loading the ghost,
    What do you mean by "ghost"? Does the Kontakt Player open with the folder list of Finale GPO 2.0 (from F07) visible in the left pane? And you can't get out of that list?

Go Back to forum