• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Share/Bookmark

Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Wow! The Listening Room has been very active.

So many members are sharing and listening to the incredible music produced by so many of our talented members.

The level of musicianship is improving most likely due to the encouragement and constructive comments of many. Many are refining their skills and learning from one another.

It is getting more and more difficult to select people in recognition for listening. Why? Because there are more and more people commenting.

A few people are being mentioned this time in recognition of their contributions: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and qccowboy

The four of you get free software or a library for being good listeners. Thanks for your constructive comments and helpful spirit in this forum.

More in the LR are already more worthy candidates for the next time. We'll keep doing this from time to time. Keep on Listening and you can be our next winner.

Congratulations Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and qccowboy. Please email me for your prizes.

Happy listening,

Gary Garritan

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace,

Congrats Raymond, Gary, KE Peace, and qccowboy!

I really need to start listening more...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Many congratulations and well deserved, Michel, Karen, Gary, and Raymond!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Congratulations Karen, Raymond, Gary and Michel!

...and many thanks to you and others for the critiques, advice and encouragement that not only helps the person posting the music, but also helps the rest of us learn how to make better music and learn to hear in new ways.

David

Nice! As the first recipient of Gary's incredibly generous Listening Room prize, for just doing what I love to do - hearing people's music and letting them know I've heard them, I want to say that this new group of prize winners is certainly a great bunch of folks.

And I'm struck by how very different the styles of feedback are between Karen, Raymond, Gary and Michel. It's not as if only "rah rah" encouragement is being rewarded. The thoughtful posts every one of these people have written range from extremely positive reinforcement to fairly tough criticism.

Nobody should feel that the point of leaving feedback in the LR is to simply be patting other people on the back. Heart felt, well intentioned critiques are what leaving feedback is all about. There's never a need to be dismissive and disdainful in a reply, but there's also no need to not honestly express our negative reactions when they arise. When criticism is passed on, there's always a way to offer it in a constructive manner. And that's exactly what these four folks consistently do.

Congratulations to all!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace,

Congratulations to all of you - well deserved!

Oh, never thought of that when replying. When I listen to your works, attempts, snippets of musical thoughts, -which I sparesly do in the midst of my own work to avoid copying-, I am aware that we all come from different musical backgrounds. Don't know if it has anything to do with your age, but some of us are "romantic" guys and others "master" the modern way of musical impressions, which I not always like. I am a more "romantic" guy to whom the newer musical thoughts and expressions need to "grow", need some process to mature. How difficult it is to comment on those works, maybe you can imagine.

Struggling myself with the musical baggage I have, - learning every day -, wrestling with the programming and rendering, I can imagine that we cannot cope with the rendering techniques of some of you (like DPDAN). So I try to overlook those elements and listen only to the "music". Often enough I can not give any comments, considering that not everything needs to be commented. So forgive me when I didn't give you any reply, while you are replying my work.

But comfort yourself by this very important thought. I participate in several forums, just only by reading the messages, and this one with all "subject rooms" is just the best. In the Listening Room we dare to put complete failures - and not saying this - but after comments, guidelines, advices, everybody puts himself to a higher level. And not only speaking "musical wise" but also the rendering. We are a bunch of guys (and of course girls) gathered in one big, intercontinental, interactive conservatory and I thank you for this.

With regards,

Raymond
    [now comes the difficult part: which library should I use]

Well done to everyone. Very much deserved

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

I actually feel guilty sometimes leaving feedback of the "tougher" and non "rah-rah" (is that a technical term?) sort.

I don't rightly know what to say all the time. I find it difficult to comment on pieces when there is no score, particularly if it's orchestral. I'm a perfectionist by nature, and I know that not everyone who participates here feels the same way. I just hope that no one I've given "negative" feedback to feels that I was putting them down, and that hopefully it comes across as constructive criticism. I DO understand what it's like to pour your heart into a composition then hear someone else pick it apart pointing out "errors" or "weaknesses"... I've been there as well. I also think that that is exactly what drove me to where I am today - which is a GOOD thing, actually!

Anyways, I didn't think my little comments here and there were noticed by anyone. I'm glad they were. I hope they've helped a few people.

Congratulations to you all! You all make this such a wonderful meeting place. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum