• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Share/Bookmark

Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Wow! The Listening Room has been very active.

So many members are sharing and listening to the incredible music produced by so many of our talented members.

The level of musicianship is improving most likely due to the encouragement and constructive comments of many. Many are refining their skills and learning from one another.

It is getting more and more difficult to select people in recognition for listening. Why? Because there are more and more people commenting.

A few people are being mentioned this time in recognition of their contributions: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and qccowboy

The four of you get free software or a library for being good listeners. Thanks for your constructive comments and helpful spirit in this forum.

More in the LR are already more worthy candidates for the next time. We'll keep doing this from time to time. Keep on Listening and you can be our next winner.

Congratulations Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and qccowboy. Please email me for your prizes.

Happy listening,

Gary Garritan

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Many congratulations and well deserved, Michel, Karen, Gary, and Raymond!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Many congratulations and well deserved, Michel, Karen, Gary, and Raymond!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I'll second that! Congratulations and thanks for the help that each of you have been providing in the Listening Room. And to Gary for putting up the prizes and encouraging participation.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    A few people are being mentioned this time in recognition of their contributions: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace, and qccowboy
    Way to go! Congratulations!

Ken

Wow! thanks Gary and everyone -- i didn't think i had listened to all that many posts, or at least not as many as i have felt i should. But just when Randy posted that gentle suggestion some time ago that people try to listen as well as post, I had just been thinking (another synchronicity!) that I really ought to listen to at least one post for each one I post. Plus, I have got so much good feedback from all of you on this forum, which has become my primary -- and really pretty much only -- online venue for feedback on my compositions, that it has been my desire to try to listen to some music by everyone who takes the time to listen to mine. I don't think I'm there yet (really busy lately), but I am trying! I am very, very, grateful to everyone who has taken the time to listen. It's a busy world, and time is gold.

Thanks!
    KE

OK Gary, here comes my email

While we're applauding the work of our contemporaries and their
    efforts on behalf of this community, I'd also like to take a moment
    in appreciation of our host.

When Gary says "it's all about the music", he's not just talking.
    I can think of no one else in the industry who has done more for
    new music, for composers, than Gary Garritan; certainly no one who
    has created a community like this, and who lavishes such generosity
    and recognition upon so many deserving people.

But then, actions always have spoken more loudly than words! That's
    a Garritan hallmark, too; and perhaps we should be unsurprised that
    it's resulted in, to the best of my knowledge, the largest and most
    active forum of its kind anywhere on the internet.

May I suggest a hearty toast and a round of applause for Mr. Garritan!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Congrats to Karen, Gary, Michel and Raymond! Y'all are not just great listeners but also great musicians, these library prizes are in good hands with you four.

I'll toast to that David Sosnowski, ok where's the toasting smiley?

David

While we're applauding the work of our contemporaries and their efforts on behalf of this community, I'd also like to take a moment
    in appreciation of our host.

I couldn't agree more with David. When I have read about the history of sampled sound available in the past, it is not difficult to understand as to why only a few would dare to undertake using them. Consisting of hundreds, if not thousands of different sounds files, filling many more gigabytes of storage space that more of us care to imagine and a price tag that would require one to mortgage their homes to purchase.

The Garritan libraries reverse that whole trend providing am amazing array of high quality sampled instruments, that fit in a relatively small about of disk space at a price even most serious music hobbiests can afford. for both notation and non-notation users.

And it is true that Gary Garritan has been fabulously generous with producing and promotion his products. One aspect of this effort is to bring the internet music community at large to use and show off their musical talents by with hosting this forum for users of his products.

Thanks Gary G.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

May I suggest a hearty toast and a round of applause for Mr. Garritan!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I'll second that, Dave! And while we're at it folks, how about a round of applause for Dave, who, from what I have seen and heard, lurks about unobtrusively in the background, watching everything that happens in this forum, and encouraging, mentoring, advising, and assisting many in this forum, without the least bit of fanfare. Surely this is one of the most extraordinary places on the web, populated by extraordinary people at every turn, and I feel very lucky to be a part of it!

Re: Prizes for Listening in the Listening Room: Raymond62, Gary Bricault, KE Peace,

I also fully agree with what David has said. It is no accident this is the best music forum on the web.

I had a bit of a peek at the EWQL forums and there is just no comparison.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast