• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hello

Share/Bookmark

Hello

Hello everyone. Complete newbie here. Hoping to learn as much as I can.

Re: Hello

MissBetty? LOL
    so what is it you wish to learn?
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Hi StrangeCat.

Well, my husband and I have been recording on our Digital Tascam 788 for about 5 years give or take. He has been recording music for years, started on a little 4 track. We have just in the past few weeks decided to take the leap and record on our computer. We have very limited knowledge of computer recording but want to learn. We got an MAudio Delta 44, Reaper, new monitors, and I was searching for Synths online and found the Atmosphere Dream Synth Module, fell love with what it says it can do. Our music is on the side of Pink Floyd mixed in with Marilyn Manson, it is very hard to describe, and the possibilities with this synth were something I had to have. There is the background

Our Keyboard and drum machine are Midi capable as is our tascam, problem is we have never used them in that capacity. I have (with much help from friends) gotten everything to work. Reaper, Delta and Atmosphere. Being a complete and utter newbie, I have gotten in way over my head Have been searching forums and manuals.

I do not know how to get the sounds I am making on Atmosphere recorded into reaper. Do I need an external source to control it? I am lost. Even after reading and searching, I find I am getting very lost.

Any help would be so appreciated. I need to learn the very basics

alright no prob with the style.
    Screw manuals for beginner sh** go to this guys page best walk through in understanding how to set this up.
    http://www.tweakheadz.com/
    Start at the guide and continue on ward till you understand it^_-

Marilyn Manson had same producer from Korn and used producer from NIN I think.
    I would advice getting OhmForce new Distortion plugin since it's Bit**n! and the best one out there unless you have a Mac and you can Get Soundtoys Filter Freak for your distortion and saturation.

I think in SOS they were talking about Pink Floyed using a lot of Tape Delays.
    don't know to much about there production other then using off time signitues 7/8 etc.
    Pads use two different timed delays, some flanger fx, some reverb. Get like the Roland Dimesion D or something. Of Course Atmosphere already sounds amazing like nothing out there! That's the genius of Spectrasonics!

When you get it all set up make sure your listening enviroment is sound! Your accoustics are correct you don't have spillage, your bass is tight. Srsly! So many people show pics of there studios with all this gear and then there monitors and there room is horrible!!!!!!!!!!

So read up on that^_- too! It's very very important your Hubby must already be up that I am sure. If not get some aurlex and place it behind the Monitors.

I'll be back later after you read up on stuff and I am sure others will chime in
    Cheers!

Thank you Very much StrangeCat!! I will be back after I read up

I just got Atmosphere.
    It's not only very imressive but it's so easy to use that it's almost unbelievable.

Remember NIN did Head Like Hole with barely anything and program midi drums. This way way back! It was the producer that made the NIN sound.
    Forgot his name) and he does everything INB now. I pretty sure he uses UAD and Powercore though. So having a computer having the sounds we have access to and FX ,...Skys the limit. Rich the tweak has the best page for learning everything better then anyone being able to explain it to you, and deffinitly better then someone writing paragraphs about on this board

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12381
    Keep up to date on Reaper since that's the Host your using.
    Cheers!
    StrangeCat

Go Back to forum