• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Topic: Idea for future library?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Idea for future library?

    I often find myself wishing for a tiny bit more percussion when i write for orchestra... bowed vibraphone, a wider range of crotales, more choice of woodblocks, waterphone, more cymbal effects, etc...

    I was thinking that this MIGHT be an idea for a future library?
    How about it?
    "Garritan Pots and Pans"?

    It could be a slightly smaller library, but it sure is important to have a good choice of percussion for us classical composers.

  2. #2

    Re: Idea for future library?

    and a "tunable fork? "

    Raymond

  3. #3

    Re: Idea for future library?

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    I often find myself wishing for a tiny bit more percussion when i write for orchestra... bowed vibraphone, a wider range of crotales, more choice of woodblocks, waterphone, more cymbal effects, etc...

    I was thinking that this MIGHT be an idea for a future library?
    How about it?
    "Garritan Pots and Pans"?

    It could be a slightly smaller library, but it sure is important to have a good choice of percussion for us classical composers.
    I agree. Whirling tubes etc. would be great as well. Maybe inverted cymbal on timp. and water gongs as well as tuned glasses (bowed and struck - although I think this is a general midi patch already). Perhaps a "contemporary wind ensemble / orchestra / percussion ensemble" percussion pack. I could certainly use such a thing.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

  4. #4

    Re: Idea for future library?

    Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    I agree. Whirling tubes etc..
    I sampled some whirly tubes last year. It's a fairly humble set, and my knowledge of recording technique is limited, but they're free. Hopefully they'll be posted somewhere permanent soon - I'll let you know.

  5. #5

    Re: Idea for future library?

    The Sitar would be a challenging instrument to sample

    --gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

  6. #6

    Re: Idea for future library?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I sampled some whirly tubes last year. It's a fairly humble set, and my knowledge of recording technique is limited, but they're free. Hopefully they'll be posted somewhere permanent soon - I'll let you know.
    Great! I would love to get my hands on those samples!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Idea for future library?

    That would be excellent! If you want we can consider hosting them. You could upload them on the MP3 uploads page if they are not overly big.

    Best,

    Gary Garritan

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Idea for future library?

    Michel,

    We recorded many of those. Our plan is to put them in GPO Advanced, but who knows, many a "Garritan Pots and Pans" library is in order.

    Gary

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    I often find myself wishing for a tiny bit more percussion when i write for orchestra... bowed vibraphone, a wider range of crotales, more choice of woodblocks, waterphone, more cymbal effects, etc...

    I was thinking that this MIGHT be an idea for a future library?
    How about it?
    "Garritan Pots and Pans"?

    It could be a slightly smaller library, but it sure is important to have a good choice of percussion for us classical composers.

  9. #9

    Re: Idea for future library?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    That would be excellent! If you want we can consider hosting them. You could upload them on the MP3 uploads page if they are not overly big.

    Best,

    Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary,
    they are actually reasonably large though. Someone already made an offer of hosting them, along with my bowed cymbals, water cymbals, prepared piano effects and bowed xylophone. I'm hoping they'll be accessible to anyone.

    Thanks again though - that was a really nice offer.

  10. #10

    Re: Idea for future library?

    I know this library isn't a garritan product, but how bought you check out Virtual Drumline 2. It's an all percussion library, and I know the marching drum sounds from CAMB are from VDL 2. It's about $200, but it might be too much, but it has all the instruments you want.
    Anthony Abruscato

    "There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

    HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •