• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help Wanted With J&bb

Share/Bookmark

Help Wanted With J&bb

Hi guys,

There must be someone out there who can help with this problem!

I've been struggleing for about three months with J&bb, and this problem keeps coming back.

I've recorded about twelve bars of music in sections of about three bars with ten instruments on seperate channels, sometimes they all play together as they should, but sometimes only six will play, sometimes eight etc.It does'nt make any difference if I start from the beginning or the middle.
    If I select a track that does'nt play and move my modwheel it will play.

I've tried recording the modwheel info through the regions hopeing this will trigger an instrument to play but it does'nt work, this is getting to be so frustraiting.

Do you think there is a problem with the program, if so, is there some sort of warranty with it and who do I contact?

Phil

Re: Help Wanted With J&bb

What program are you recording with?

Jim

Logic Pro 7 and Kontakt Player 2, another thing that happens now and again is one of the instruments will play completely out of tune, but this is intermittent as is the other problem.

Phil

I'm not a Logic user but you may want to see if there is a setting that searches back for the last controller settings. I use Sonar and it has an option for this.

The tuning option could be caused by pitch wheel changes in your track.

Jim

I'll have a look.
    I don't think the tuning is anything to do with the pitchwheel because most of the time it will play in tune.
    I think the main problem is that the instruments are not being triggered.

Thanks,

Phil

Jim,
    I've found the 'controller assignment' and switched on 'chase' selected pitch, volume etc. and everything seems to work ok!

Thanks again,

Phil

Yeah! Always nice when things work normally!

Jim

Hi Jim'

Well it did seem to work ok for a while but it's now back to missing out instruments again!

The only way I can get them to play is to select their tracks and move my keyboards mod wheel, then they play. Sometimes they are triggered and then they're not!!! Why is this?!!

Phil

Just a thought...

Have you checked each track and made sure that CC#1 is actually recorded to the track i.e. Track one, channel one has the mod wheel data showing in the track. I usually assign a value of at least 64 to the very start of each track by drawing the value in myself. I also make the first measure of the piece just a CC assignment measure and start the music in the second measure.

I don't use Logic but I'm sure the ideas will translate to Logic.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Rich,

Yes , modwheel info is recorded, i've even recorded it seperately through the track.
    I do give the modwheel a little nudge before I record, but because i'm not a keyboard player I have to record a few bars at a time and sometimes there is'nt enough time to do this, but as I said, modwheel info is there on the track, sometimes it will be recognised but sometimes ignored!

All the chase boxes in Logic are ticked ie. notes volume etc. I don't know where else to go, i've posted this problem on the Logic forum but have had no replies!

Phil

Go Back to forum