• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marching Band Horns Sound Tinny

Share/Bookmark

Marching Band Horns Sound Tinny

I am using Finale 2007 and Marching Band. The horns sound "tinny" (newbie term). It was suggested that I use "reverb" and "layering" to enhance the quality of the horns but I do not know how to do that. Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Tony.

Re: Marching Band Horns Sound Tinny

Quote Originally Posted by munov
    I am using Finale 2007 and Marching Band. The horns sound "tinny" (newbie term). It was suggested that I use "reverb" and "layering" to enhance the quality of the horns but I do not know how to do that. Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Tony.
    Hi...
    ALL samples sound "tinny" out of the box; some processing is necessary to make them shine.
    In your Finale VST setup you will see a checkbox at the bottom for AMBIENCE REVERB. Check it, and the "EDIT" option will become selectable. Select it and you will see the reverb come up.
    Click on "presets" in the upper left, and make a choice of room. If you are doing a full band piece, try one of the concert halls. Experiment with the different presets until you get one you like.
    Check out the demo page for CoMB--several of the demos there were done in notation with not terribly much processing.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum