• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Jenny" - A real love

Share/Bookmark

"Jenny" - A real love

With no happy ending, so I am not willing to talk too much about the background of it. It's just too painful...

I've really put my heart and soul into this. Compared to my last entry, this is totally different: No brass, almost no percussion and much more beauty (talking about harmonics). It's 2:22 minutes long/short and 100% pure GPO. Enjoy!

192kbits/s MP3:
    http://www.box.net/shared/yx5ki5isd4

Or better quality 256kbits/s AAC:
    http://www.box.net/shared/z9kivhndr1

Re: "Jenny" - A real love

Thanks for sharing. That is a truly beautiful piece. Movie soundtrack for a love story worthy. I like the Cheleste, especially - a too oft unused instrument that can really add the right color to a gentle piece where too often a piano is used instead, or glockenspiel. The softer tone of the Cheleste just enhances the airy quality so well.

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    Thanks for sharing. That is a truly beautiful piece. Movie soundtrack for a love story worthy. I like the Cheleste, especially - a too oft unused instrument that can really add the right color to a gentle piece where too often a piano is used instead, or glockenspiel. The softer tone of the Cheleste just enhances the airy quality so well.
    I agree! I am a huge John Williams fan (who isn't?) and got inspired by parts of the Jurassic Parc soundtrack, where he uses the Cheleste as well. It's so beautiful. Thanks for listening, ALynn!

I loved the inventive orchestration as well. Real atmospheric.

Just a thought - have you considered introducing some tempo varience? Not a whole lot, just a little rubato? Could add to the emotion.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry it came out of a bad experience - isn't it a shame that sometimes our best works come from this.

Owen

Wargum:

A very sensitive musical offering. I liked the simplistic
    piano writing and the orchestral accompaniment was
    carefully integrated.

Very enjoyable and pensive-related listening.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

No brass, almost no percussion and much more beauty (talking about harmonics).
    Contrary, I believe a piece as delicate and beautiful as this needs no brass nor percussion. It is simple and elegant. Nothing more is needed for this piece. It is well presented and thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks for sharing what is obvious a deep emotional presentation from your heart.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

For something this beautiful your should really consider the modern oboe solo 2. Its much more beautiful I think. I love your clarinet (duet?) sound. I love the celesta sound.

This is very John Williams-esque. I hope to hear more fromyou soon. I also hope that soon in the future you can give us a background even though I can kind of guess what happened to Jenny. I don't intend to guess, because I'm afraid that if I guess it correctly it might hurt too much.

Seriousy though, we're all friends here, so if you have something you need to share with us other than music, I'm pretty sure we can all sympathize with you.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

I can't do a better job of describing it than what others just said, such as Rich's comments "delicate and beautiful; simple and elegant." Fine work, Wargum! I hope your sadness is followed by peace and comfort, which it eventually will be but hard to ever see that when a tragedy is new.

David

No, no, it's not THAT bad! Some of you may have thought she passed away. Sorry, I didn't mean to implicate that! As a matter of fact, we both are young and well alive
    The sadness in the piece is because it is a one sided love. OK, it's a little more complicated, but again, I will not talk in any detail about it. So, don't worry!

And thanks again for all the warm comments.

Just beautiful. I was very moved when listening to this. I can hear all the emotion that has been poured into this. You have done Jenny very proud.

My prayers are with you,

Kev

edit - we just posted at the same time - one sided love can be very tragic, so you can still have a prayer my friend
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast