• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX automation problem on Cubase SX3

Unhappy Stylus RMX automation problem on Cubase SX3

Hey everybody!

Could someone help me please, please, please......I have a problem with Stylus automation on Cubase SX3. When I open automation track and try to go to the automatable parameters, everything "freeze" and then I need to wait obout 30 seconds or more to evrything normalize again.
    And after all I automate a sound on Stylus and it does not appear on automation track.
    I have not the same problems with another plugins

Be so kind and help me please

Sorry about the language, my English is not very good

Thanks and cheers

Re: Stylus RMX automation problem on Cubase SX3

Hey You,

OK...automation in Cubase does not necessarily show up as an automation track...at least, the way I work.

I usualy hit record, tweak the knobs...and afterwards sometimes edit the values in Cubase's "List Editor".

Also, sometimes the audio drops out. This is so when I open a new plugin and start playing the sound or when I choose a different suite in RMX. This has to do with the audiocard resetting...I was told. This is on a Mac G5 with build in audio.

Roshi Ai.

thanks for your help, but I do the same way as you said.
    The problem is when I try to open automatable parameters on midi track (automation track)......Why the whole program (Cubase) freeze in that moment? I have that problem only with Stylus. When I try to automate some others VSTs is everything OK.

That problem is that there are so many parameters in Stylus RMX that it takes cubase a long time to display the menu. Instead of opening that menu to find the parameter you want to automate, simply enable automation recording and tweak the parameter you want to automate in Stylus RMX's editor window. That way you'll get an automation track with the desired parameter. That's much easier than trying to find it in a mile long menu that cubase displays. For details, see the tutorial video for cubase at http://support.spectrasonics.net.

- Glenn

thank you very much

Go Back to forum