• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: clearwater (classical piano)

clearwater (classical piano)

This piece is in the classical vein. It uses jabb piano. I would appreciate it if you gave it a listen and commented.
    Thanks -Jay

Re: clearwater (classical piano)

I like it, Mr. Jay. I like it. Did I forget to say that I like it?

Did you play that in real time? If so, I admire your piano chops.

Thanks for posting your fine music. Tonality rocks!

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Nice. That would make an interesting theme for a string quartet. But then I have a thing for string quartets.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Beautiful! Interesting progression and good voice leading. This has an almost baroque chorale sound at its core.

I like the sound of the JABB piano. I think it has a somewhat smoother sound, being a little less clunky in the middle octaves than the ol' GPO piano.

Why the title Clearwater?

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: clearwater (classical piano)

Beautiful Piano piece, Jay! I agree Jabb's piano is the best, and you show off it's sound very nicely with this well crafted work. Clearwater Florida?

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Very nice work. I like the thoughtful feeling that it conveys, not rushed, clean and clear.

Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Its very Clear, and watery. Like Clearwater. lol.

I love piano music. Especially good piano music. I like your modulations, very grand piano music. No pun intedned...really. I'm full of them by the way. Its very well keyed. You really know how to put the pedal to the medal. Ok that one made no sense.

All seriousness, though, great music. If I'd learned how to play piano instead of tuba, I'd love to play this. Except that tuba is way more important than piano.
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

Larry, thank you. I did not play it in real time, but I wish I did have the piano chops for this.

Gary Shannon, I have a thing for string quartets also. I just may try to adapt this song to strings. I am glad that you liked this.

Darwin, I have a tendency to write classical music in a baroque style. I do like 18th century music. I believe I like the jabb piano better then GPO also. Thanks for listening, and liking my song. By the way, the name comes from 'Clearwater' Florida, which is about 30 miles from my house.

David, I am pleased that you liked my piece. Yes, the song refers to 'Clearwater' Florida. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

GaryBric, I tried to be gentle with this song. I tried to work with the tempi and dynamics to get an easy flow to it. Thank you for your nice comment.

tubajedimr, did you know that it takes as much wind to play a flute as it does to play a tuba. That blew my mind when I heard that. Anyway I am glad that you liked this. Thanks for taking time to listen and comment.

Thank you all. -Jay

Funny, I recently heard the same tale. The fact is it often takes more air to play a flute. Especially in louder passages. Tuba is direct lip contact from thelungs to the amplifier, whilst the floutist wastes most of its air over the top of the instrument.

I've been to Clearwater a few times. I being a Florida resident, and I must say there's very little clear water as of late.
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

It is a beautiful piece. You say you didn't play it in real time.... even so, it sounds amazingly real. You have such a wonderful way with melodies. I wonder how you did "render" (much discussed word) it. I would be interested to know. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast