• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale GPO vs. Garritan Instruments for Finale

Finale GPO vs. Garritan Instruments for Finale

On my machine, C:\Program Files\Garritan Instruments for Finale occupies 1.5GB. In addition, C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Finale GPO occupies 881 MB.

Do I remember correctly that the "Finale GPO" folder is for Finale 2007? I am no longer running Finale 2007, and would like to be able to delete it to reclaim the space.

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs does not show any program named "Finale GPO." It does show "Garritan Instruments for Finale."

Re: Finale GPO vs. Garritan Instruments for Finale

I am running F2008, and the only folder I have is Garritan Instruments for Finale. My guess is that if you've already uninstalled F07, and you are running F08, that you can delete the files in the Finale GPO folder. Take a look in the folder you want to delete and see if it contains 3 large .nks files. If so, I would guess they are the samples from 07. Just to be safe, try sending the folder to the recycle bin and then running Finale 08. If everything works at that point you will probably be fine and can empty the recycle bin. If not, you can restore them from the bin.
    Hope this helps,

Go Back to forum