• Register
  • Help

Topic: Safari Browser Problem Question

Share/Bookmark

Question Safari Browser Problem/ Question

When i type an address into the address bar, such as http://www.northernsounds.com, it chooses one of the bookmarks to load into that window, such as http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/threadibookmarked.

This is crazy, if i wanted a thread i bookmarked i would have just clicked on that bookmark rather than typing in the address bar.

It just doesn't make any sense.

I have been having to type an extra letter on the end of .com then deleting it to get it to unload the bookmark and actually have the address i typed.

...which is starting to get on my nerves

I have looked for a way to disable this but so far can't find a way, does anyone know how to turn off this ridiculous feature?

Re: Safari Browser Problem Question

that does sound annoying. i know that safari does that, but i've never had do what you're saying. to me its always been convenient, but i can definitely see your point. i'm not sure if there is any way to turn that feature off though. my question is though, when you start typing in the site it should not only list the bookmark, but underneath that i should show all the recently visited threads you went to, if thats the case just press the down arrow after you type in "n" "no" "nor" - is this not the case for you?

either way, you can always use firefox.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Yes thats what it is, a list to choose from, but not most recent because i always clear history and cache, so it gives a list of bookmarks with the same letter, with the list getting smaller as you type more of the address.

If you don't choose one, it assumes you want the one on the top, and loads it. It's an address bar, it should assume i want exactly what i type. The only way i could consider it convenent is if you wanted it to be that way, you turn that on, and if you don't, you turn it off. I'm thinking surely there must be a way to turn that off.

when you are done typing the address, the "unwanted" characters should remain highlighted. all you hould have to do is hit delete and then enter.

Quote Originally Posted by conwaylemmon
    when you are done typing the address, the "unwanted" characters should remain highlighted. all you hould have to do is hit delete and then enter.
    Thanks for that tip, conwaylemmon.

But why would it load up bookmarks when if you wanted bookmarks, you could just go to your bookmarks?

Go Back to forum