• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Theme - Cellos Slow Tempo Theme

Share/Bookmark

Theme - Cellos Slow Tempo Theme

Hi,
    This is variation of similar file ( Horn's Theme) I posted in June. All instruments are GPO ( violins, cellos, piano, harph). Slow tempo.

Name of file is 'THEME' and is available at

WWW.GLAMATOR.COM

(Sorry, I couldn't make direct link (www.box.net) to work.)

Thank you.

Re: Theme - Cellos Slow Tempo Theme

Hi, Glamator - Sure is good to see you back here again, it's been awhile.

Peaceful, soothing and with a gentle touch of nostalgia - I admire the clean simplicity of your work. Your manifesto posted at the site is always born out in your music.

Two technical comments - The Cello line doesn't seem to have ebbing and flowing cc1 volume data, it's a bit unnaturally constant in its dynamics. Do you hear what I mean?

And the ending is So abrupt - jerked me out of the tranquil mood the piece had put me in. I understand you don't want an ornate, flourishing ending of any sort - but just holding the final chord for another measure or two and gently dropping the volume a bit for a semi-fade, that sort of thing would seem more appropriate to me.

Thanks for being here again with your uniquely calm compositions.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Very lovely melodic work, Glamator... there is often the
    greatest beauty in that which is said simply.

Technically, with Randy, I think more dynamic shaping in
    the 'cello line would add greatly to this, bringing out that
    lovely melodic work all the more.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Glamator,

This is a very beautiful piece of music. I agree that adding some dynamics to the cellos will give it a more humanized feel. I found it very soothing to listen to. It will be even more heart-wrenching if you add crescendos and decrescendos on the violin lines and a slightly more rubato feel to the lead piano. Overall a wonderful sounding piece. Thanks for posting.
    John Dickason.

I love a good melody, and this certainly is one. I may keep this piece handy for my stressful days at work - just what I need.

Owen

I really liked what you did here...............However it seemed to me that the opening was a little mechanical but as the composition moved on it evened out and flowed a little better........but I like it very much!!!!!!! It just needs a little tweaking and you got it.......
    Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

I like this piece ..... especally because I am a little partial to Cello's.....I love their sound.....it is so.......................just give me shivers..........My only suggestion on this piece is it seems the tempo is a little slow.....a few beats per min. faster may make all the difference ... that is just me.....
    Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Glamator - Sure is good to see you back here again, it's been awhile.

Peaceful, soothing and with a gentle touch of nostalgia - I admire the clean simplicity of your work. Your manifesto posted at the site is always born out in your music.

Two technical comments - The Cello line doesn't seem to have ebbing and flowing cc1 volume data, it's a bit unnaturally constant in its dynamics. Do you hear what I mean?

And the ending is So abrupt - jerked me out of the tranquil mood the piece had put me in. I understand you don't want an ornate, flourishing ending of any sort - but just holding the final chord for another measure or two and gently dropping the volume a bit for a semi-fade, that sort of thing would seem more appropriate to me.

Thanks for being here again with your uniquely calm compositions.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thank you, Randy.
    I agree with your comments. Part of problem is probably low listening level but I think that main problem is control of attack time. Keyboard is too sensitive and it is difficult to play (faster) notes with same (low) velocity. I'll try to fix it manually.
    Ending? I wanted fade out ( sound to disapear) but I changed ending several times (because of ritt.) and something went wrong.
    Thank you once again.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Very lovely melodic work, Glamator... there is often the
    greatest beauty in that which is said simply.

Technically, with Randy, I think more dynamic shaping in
    the 'cello line would add greatly to this, bringing out that
    lovely melodic work all the more.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thank you for listening. I agree with Randy's suggestions. I'll try to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by saxmeister
    Glamator,

This is a very beautiful piece of music. I agree that adding some dynamics to the cellos will give it a more humanized feel. I found it very soothing to listen to. It will be even more heart-wrenching if you add crescendos and decrescendos on the violin lines and a slightly more rubato feel to the lead piano. Overall a wonderful sounding piece. Thanks for posting.
    Thank you for comments and listening. I'll try to change violin dynamics.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast