• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JOB: Freelance Assistant

Share/Bookmark

JOB: Freelance Assistant

Hi.

I’m now looking for a freelance assistant on a track to track basis.

Your primary tasks will be putting together cinematic synth and percussion tracks, delivered in stems so I can mix, match and remove elements as I see fit. Basically you would be providing me custom loops in a genre that I need, thus saving me the time of going through my current libraries to find something which matches the genre.

Other tasks could include spicing up already composed tracks with synth elements.
    Work is uncredited.

Requirements:
    - Good production capabilities
    - Great percussion abilities
    - Great synth programming abilities (both tonal and a-tonal)

Bonus abilities:
    - Guitar or Bass playing
    - Mastering abilities
    - Orchestral knowledge

Reference styles:
    - Chemical Brothers
    - Prodigy
    - Juno Reactor
    - John Powell
    - Harry Gregson-Williams

Please send me a link or smallish (sub 10 meg) demo reels to mail[a]marcussenmusic.com , along with info about yourself and what you would charge for such services.

Kind regards

Re: JOB: Freelance Assistant

A few people have asked me now if things can be handled over the internet - tha answer is "YES"

Hmmm, if I wasn't so busy of late, I would definitely be interested. What's the timeframe involved, or how soon would you need this assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by gregjazz
    Hmmm, if I wasn't so busy of late, I would definitely be interested. What's the timeframe involved, or how soon would you need this assistant?
    Hi Greg... Well. The sooner the better. Within the next month for the current project. But after that I have another project although for that one I have more time, and it's more up my alley.

I am also interested, though I have very limited knowledge of orchestral and I am not sure how to export the stems.

I do my own mastering and on the whole produce similar stuff to what you are looking for.

If I can help and I get paid then I am sure something can be worked out. I have the time at the moment.

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    I am also interested, though I have very limited knowledge of orchestral and I am not sure how to export the stems.

I do my own mastering and on the whole produce similar stuff to what you are looking for.

If I can help and I get paid then I am sure something can be worked out. I have the time at the moment.

Simon
    Hi Simon. The orchestral part is not extremely important for what I'm doing now. I'm doing a race game during these next two months. While they do want it "technoish" I'm trying (I assume that's whay they hired me) to give it a new, slightly more cinematic/dramtic angle - rather than just plain techno.

And of course you would get paid - hence the word "Job"

But you can try write me. I'm still listening to what people have sent me so far.

Hi Marcussen,

I have some new down tempo stuff on my site along with the sort of thing that I do.

Do you need something special or will having a listen to my site do?

Best wishes

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

The more it meets the criterias I'm after the better. I would like not to go through severeal tracks, hioping to find what I need.

And not down tempo... fast, agressive, cinametic, race, percussive, electronics are the keywords

I will get started tomorrow then! I should be done by tomorrow evening or Monday morning.

Simon

And now also at Flickr!

NorthernSounds.NET.

Hi Marcussen, I sent you an email the day you posted this from admin@zirconstudios.com. Did you receive it?
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Go Back to forum