• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Cubase MIDI out since installing GS 160

No Cubase MIDI out since installing GS 160

I bought and installed GS 160 about a week ago (yep, new to the community [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) and want to run it on my PC using Cubase VST 5.1 for sequencing. I have a Terratec EWS88 MT audio card (GSIF, with 1 MIDI i/o). I followed the exact instructions to use GS and Cubase on the same PC. Now, I have the audio part configured fine (using different audio outputs for Cubase and GS and using the EWS88 MT’s ASIO/GSIF multi-client mode). However, a MIDI problem has occurred:

Ever since I installed GS, Cubase doesn’t output any MIDI (not via my Terratec midi out, not via VST-instruments, nothing). This problem occurs both when running only Cubase or running GS and Cubase at the same time (starting Cubase from within GS).

- I have MIDI thru enabled in the Cubase MIDI settings
    - I’ve tried both sequencer priority 1 and 8 in GS
    - I’ve tried turning the MIDI Loop off in GS (little keyboard flashes red)

All to no avail.

Before I installed GS I just used Cubase and its MIDI out functionality worked fine. Also when I play a simple MIDI-file from Windows media player using my Terratec’s MIDI out, it works.

It just seems like GS has stolen Cubase’s MIDI out functionality and I don’t even understand why since GS only receives MIDI data, right? Anyone? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: No Cubase MIDI out since installing GS 160

Look in the hardware settings in Giga Studio and see what the MIDI inputs are set to. Try setting them to none just for fun and see what happens.
    It might not hurt to check in with Terratech and see if this is a familiar problem. Off the top of my head, I don\'t know what it is.

Deleted post -- I misread your question.

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I actually tried setting all MIDI inputs to none in the hardware settings. Did\'nt solve the problem. Even after completely uninstalling Giga Studio, Cubase still refuses to output MIDI. Even after installing the latest Terratec drivers. This is one persistent problem. I\'m gonna use a laptop for sequencing as a temporary solution, hoping this problem won\'t arise once I\'ve upgraded to Windows XP, Cubase SX en GS 3 (rewire!).

Did I just type Dave? And to think that I actually own Gigastudio Mastery. Gosh! Sorry David [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum