• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Using Garritan Studio with Kontakt Player 2 - HELP!

Share/Bookmark

Using Garritan Studio with Kontakt Player 2 - HELP!

After updating Kontakt 2 player I can't get it to work with GPO. I followed all of the instructions at: http://www.garritan.com/K2MacUpdate.html

and the Kontakt Player 2 works fine. It is registered at NI too.

WHen I try to load a patch into Garritan Studio, I get the message:

"This patch was generated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch."

Of course, I did upgrade it, and did follow the install directions. And Kontakt Player 2 shows Garritan Studio and loads instruments fine. I have (I believe) that latest version of Garritan Studio.

Am I missing something about the install? I've wasted a lot of time on this and I really need to write something.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

Re: Using Garritan Studio with Kontakt Player 2 - HELP!

I am not sure what it is you are trying to do. You can't load Kontakt Player 2 into Garritan Studio. Studio was created for use with Kontakt Player 1 and doesn't support KP2. Neither does it have to, because KP2 does most of what Studio does.

OK, I guess I am more confused that I thought.

I recently went to the Garritan site and saw that there was an update to Studio, so I downloaded it, but I got the "This patch was generated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch." error message. Since I had just updated Studio, I assumed this meant I had to update Kontakt Player as well. I followed the link to update the player and it gave me the KP2 update.

Ever since I downloaded KP2, Studio has given me that same error message. The GPO Library is still in the same place, and GPO is set to use that folder, not the GPO KP2 folder. I assumed that the original library folder had not been touched, so I thought that Studio should still be able to use it. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Would the simplest solution be to re-install from my original CDs (I bought GPO just after it came out) and then apply the updates?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

When you updated to KP2, the GPO KP2 library files were installed in the GPO Library folder (where GPO KP1 used to be) and the GPO KP1 files moved to the subfolder "Konatkt player 1 backup". If you copy the 3 .nks files from ~\GPO Library to ~\GPO Library\Konatkt player 1 backup, open GPO KP1 standalone and point it to ~\GPO Library\Konatkt player 1 backup (Options) you can still use GPO KP1.

THANK YOU so much!

It works fine now.

I must have corrupted one of the .nks files because the copy didn't work at first, but I restored the original .nks from a backup disk and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave
    THANK YOU so much!

It works fine now.

I must have corrupted one of the .nks files because the copy didn't work at first, but I restored the original .nks from a backup disk and it works great.
    Its a great system. I bought the GPO and then bought Sibelius 5.
    I don't they they had this in mind but teh Kontact Player in Sibelius 5
    Loads amazingly well in Digital Performer as a plugin intsrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    When you updated to KP2, the GPO KP2 library files were installed in the GPO Library folder (where GPO KP1 used to be) and the GPO KP1 files moved to the subfolder "Konatkt player 1 backup". If you copy the 3 .nks files from ~\GPO Library to ~\GPO Library\Konatkt player 1 backup, open GPO KP1 standalone and point it to ~\GPO Library\Konatkt player 1 backup (Options) you can still use GPO KP1.

Thank you thank you thank you..I was having this problem on my Mac and have spent 3 weeks trying to get it to work.

Somehow I mananged to find this site and your post and

It is now fixed. Yea!!!

I owe you dinner or some gift Big time.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by emraldctys
    I owe you dinner or some gift Big time.

Thank you thank you thank you!!
    I'll remind you of it next time I am in California

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Your post should be gilded and put on whatever the cyber-equivalent of a mantle is. MOST GRATEFUL to you, Nickie. I've been searching for this answer for days. Another Californian sends his kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by mbetton View Post
    Your post should be gilded and put on whatever the cyber-equivalent of a mantle is. MOST GRATEFUL to you, Nickie. I've been searching for this answer for days. Another Californian sends his kind regards.
    I'm glad you could use it. Welcome to the forum

Go Back to forum