• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally got GPO installed

Finally got GPO installed

My new (used) computer arrived so I can finally install GPO. (A real steal on eBay 3.2Ghz 1GB RAM, 200GB disk space, Soundblaster Audigy, all for 150 bucks US) The installation and registration went smoothly. Both Noteworthy Composer (my notation program of choice) and my stone-age Cakewalk 7 talk to Garritan Studio just fine, so everything is a go.

Now all my score files are still on the old computer so I have a lot of file moving to do before I can do any serious rendering. I did do a quick render of a Clementi Sonatina that I transcribed from piano to brass quintet, but as a first test render it's not ready for sharing until I do some more fiddling with cc1 in Noteworthy. At least I've established proof of concept that I can make cc1 envelopes in Noteworthy and have GPO pay attention to them, so it's all good.

Unfortunately, I'll be in San Fransisco for the weekend so it will be Tuesday before I get to dig into some serious GPO experimentation and learning sessions. I'll be back Tuesday with, hopefully, my first genuine GPO render.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

California Redwoods

Re: Finally got GPO installed

Well, sounds like a good deal to me! You will enjoy GPO. There will be some moments which will provide opportunity for swearing practice, but GPO is still the easiest to learn program that I have ever used since Commodore 64 and Android Nim.

Congrats. Like Richard said, you will definatly invent new combonations of swear words along the path to sampled greatness, but it's all worth it.

*Insert 40 Oz. Salute Here*
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Sounds like a great deal on the computer. You should have a lot of fun with GPO.

Cakewalk 7, eh? LOL I just went over to my bookshelf and looked at my copy of the manual.
    "Cakewalk Pro Audio 7, copyright 1998". Wasn't John Kennedy president back then?

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

So, great, Gary - It's really been fun feeling the excitement build during this period when you've been waiting for GPO to arrive.

And now I've heard your first piece in the LR - WOW--installed everything and within hours had a piece up!

Over there in the LR I asked about how you managed to get Pro Audio 7 to work with the old Studio utility. I have Pro Audio and never could manage to have GPO play for more than a few seconds in Studio without interruption - Had to give up and FInally upgrade my Cakewalk to a version of Sonar. --More info on your set up will be interesting.

Bet you're looking forward to when you have more time to play with your new toys!

Randy B.

This sounds like it has been the most drawn out installation in history - you are a patient man!

Dallas, TX

150 bucks, wow that's a heck of a deal. I had heard you could get good computer deals on ebay but i had never looked to see. You are gonna love GPO.

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Finally got GPO installed

Congrats on everything going well for you. Enjoy!

Go Back to forum