• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Re: New World Symphony - Mvt. 1 (CAMB, GPO)

Share/Bookmark

Re: New World Symphony - Mvt. 1 (CAMB, GPO)

Here's the final arrangement, including battery and pit. I tried to fix some of the balance issues and other "notation program" problems. All of this was done in Sibelius.

http://musichostr.com/music/22

Instrumentation:

1 Flute
    2 Clarinets
    2 Alto Saxes
    1 Tenor Sax
    3 Trumpets
    2 Mellophones
    2 Baritones
    2 Euphoniums
    1 Tuba aka Contra
    Bells
    Xylophone
    Vibraphone (GPO)
    Marimba
    Aux. Percussion
    Timpani
    Chimes
    Snares
    Tenors
    Basses
    Cymbals
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Wow, a short little movement but extremely thoughtful with great impact. The wide dynamic and instrumental spectrum from beginning to end was most enjoyed and left me wanting more - or at least maybe expanded.
    Great job!

Is there a Mvt. 2?

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor

Is there a Mvt. 2?

Michael
    As soon as I arrange it. This one is just the opener for a field show I would really love to do, there is at least 3 more I'm going to do.
    Anthony Abruscato

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Hello again, Anthony

I'm glad you came back with the movement again with the percussion added. Now we have a clearer picture of your full intention on this, and it's exciting.

I don't really mean to dwell on the notation "overly perfect" problem - but I have to say it's heard here again. The opening phrase sounds to me like a pipe organ, and the Marimba in particular sounds unnatural with the mallets striking at precisely the same time. I wish you had some tools to shift the onset of notes to avoid those artifacts.

Just as major, maybe more so, is that this really needs a large reverb setting. It would sound much more exciting and real. The percussion is incredibly dry when it enters, as if they are sitting directly in front of us, a few feet away, with the rest of the orchestra behind them - when it should be just the opposite.

Investigate using reverb with your set up. You could end up much happier with your results.

Thanks for the re-post. I did enjoy hearing this get expanded.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

It's a good start. Have you tried playing with the Live Start Position to help get rid of the organ effect? I haven't been totally successfull with this as of yet.

BTW, did that soundset I sent you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    It's a good start. Have you tried playing with the Live Start Position to help get rid of the organ effect? I haven't been totally successfull with this as of yet.

BTW, did that soundset I sent you help?
    Yah, it did. Daniel sent me a fixed one of theirs as well, but both of them work really well. THe only problem with the soundset Daniel sent me is that it still kepps loading tenor horns for baritones.

I'm thinking of doing the rest in Finale because I don't feel like going through the whole score and changing start points.

And thanks everyone for the input. It really helps. And Randy, I'm trying out different convultions within KP2, but they don't load on the next loading. I really wish I could find a convolution sample of a stadium though, that would be really nice (and for free preferably).
    Anthony Abruscato

Quote Originally Posted by raz.bari.88
    Here's the final arrangement, including battery and pit. I tried to fix some of the balance issues and other "notation program" problems. All of this was done in Sibelius.

http://musichostr.com/music/22

Instrumentation:

1 Flute
    2 Clarinets
    2 Alto Saxes
    1 Tenor Sax
    3 Trumpets
    2 Mellophones
    2 Baritones
    2 Euphoniums
    1 Tuba aka Contra
    Bells
    Xylophone
    Vibraphone (GPO)
    Marimba
    Aux. Percussion
    Timpani
    Chimes
    Snares
    Tenors
    Basses
    Cymbals
    Anthony,

I am experimenting with CAMB... . Can you send me the midifile from this work?

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Yes, I just need your email address (just PM me if you want).

I can also send you the .sib file if you want.
    Anthony Abruscato

Quote Originally Posted by raz.bari.88
    Yes, I just need your email address (just PM me if you want).

I can also send you the .sib file if you want.
    Oh,

very nice.

I only need the midifile.... . gunther@metaphon.de

Thank you very much!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Thumbs up Re: New World Symphony - Mvt. 1 (CAMB, GPO)

Anthony,
    I absolutely love the beginning and that great ending... and pretty much everything in between.

I have to agree, there is some real subtle and gentle beauty in the beginning that it is evident of what you're after, not fully realized yet. You said you were going to put it back in Finale, but even though i haven't yet aquired the experience of tweeking in a daw, sequencer or whatever you have, it was my understanding those final tweeks are best done there using the piano roll or midi editor.

Without the experience i'm not the one to give advice, but i can tell this is going to be something very special when you get those tweeks right.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast