• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Christmas Song

Share/Bookmark

A Christmas Song

I'm calling this tune A Christmas Dance.

It's GPO and there was an assistant dropping the lid on the harpsichord for the quiet spot.

http://www.box.net/shared/tlu2lb7cex
    Last edited by fastlane; 09-30-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Updating file

Re: A Christmas Song

Hi, Phil

I really enjoy the way several traditional carols are suggested in this constantly contrapuntally driven piece. There's something unusual in the sum total effect of this - I find it unique, and really enjoyable.

I also found it incredibly dry. I'm the King of liking intimate recordings which aren't over-blown with The Mega Opera House Sound Of All Time effect, but I Do like judicious use of reverb. Is it just super subtle on this?

HEy --are you submitting this or something for the Garritan Christmas CD?

Thanks for the catchy post!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Phil

I really enjoy the way several traditional carols are suggested in this constantly contrapuntally driven piece. There's something unusual in the sum total effect of this - I find it unique, and really enjoyable.

I also found it incredibly dry. I'm the King of liking intimate recordings which aren't over-blown with The Mega Opera House Sound Of All Time effect, but I Do like judicious use of reverb. Is it just super subtle on this?

HEy --are you submitting this or something for the Garritan Christmas CD?

Thanks for the catchy post!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Hi Randy!

This might be the Peggy Lee song Is That All There Is with a religious christmas thought or something like that.

It looks like I tossed in the musical hook(altered a bit) from Greensleeves and next to the last phrase from Do You Hear What I Hear.

I think maybe I've been a little stingy with verb lately. I'll up the verb and update the post right now.

Sure, I'll submit it for the CD if it's good enough. I'm not sure how that is done.

Can you do it?

Thanks for the nice comments.

Phil

Hi Phil,

This is very expressive and I find it, like Randy, redolent of several other pieces, without actually touching any of them.

Very nice indeed.

Well thank you Alan.

Someone posted a while back that I just take musical ideas and make them my own. I was taken back a bit by that comment but I guess that's what we all do.

Maybe I just do it a little differently and it's more obvious. Instead of acquiring a style it's more like grabbing ideas from here and there.

Phil

Hi Phil, I'm not usually a big fan of the harpsichord but I thought this sounded great.

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

The harpsichord in this pretty piece sounds exquisite. Very sensitive and delicate, as it should be. It is adorable music. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

I like the way ideas weave in and out - very effective. Could even work with voices...

Enjoyed it!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

May I have this dance? . What a strange tune for Christmas, but at the same time, it has some traditional touches.Like your one-two quotes of greensleeves, if I heard correct.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

I must of listened to it after you tweaked the reverb, as it sounds perfect now. This piece has a reasl nice flow to it and the usage of the carols are subtle and delightfull.
    Well done
    Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast