• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I run Logic and Xlutop Chainer or V-Stack side by side?

Share/Bookmark

How do I run Logic and Xlutop Chainer or V-Stack side by side?

I'm (still!) using Logic Audio Gold version 5.5.1 on the pc. The program hasn't been developed since 2002, yet it still takes care of my needs just fine, with one exception: After I started doing orchestral work, I realized that Logic has a 1 GB memory limit, in the sense that you simply cannot save a project if it utilizes more than 1 GB of memory. This means that I cannot use Logic for orchestral work without bouncing all the time.

I would prefer to purchase Cubase Studio 4, but I cannot afford it right now. Reaper is not really an alternative currently as it lacks development in the MIDI editing area, and FL Studio I do not "feel at home" with.

So much for alternative sequencers, but isn't there another option?

I've read in various forums that it's possible to load your VSTi's in for example Xlutop Chainer or Steinberg's V-Stack (which is a quite inexpensive program), and then use your normal sequencer for the editing. However it apparently involves setting up a virtual midi driver, which I have no idea how to do.

I guess my question is:

How do I run Logic and Xlutop Chainer (or V-Stack) side by side?

Re: How do I run Logic and Xlutop Chainer or V-Stack side by side?

Ah, forgot about energyXT - will try that program now and see if it's something for me, before fiddling with virtual MIDI-drivers and so on.

Argh, automation doesn't work very well in energyXT in my opinion. Back to square one

So: How do I run Logic and i.e. Xlutop Chainer side by side - anybody?

Thanks.

Try Midi Yoke, it's a virtual midi driver that gives you a bunch of virtual ports to route midi between programs on the same machine. It's free..

http://www.midiox.com/

Works in Windows XP 64-bit, too.

Have fun,
    buzz

Go Back to forum