• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Smoochflute #2

Smoochflute #2

Thanks for all the kind comments about Smoochflute #1. Smoochflute #2 is now rendered and posted. Hope you enjoy.

Also, Smoochflute #1 on that page has been replaced with a remixed version, thanks to all the helpful comments I received.

I have been trying to come up with a more suitable title. I chose Smoochflute since the original tune got composed and recorded almost by accident, and I had to think of a filename quickly to be able to save it! That was all I could think of at the time.

I'm leaning towards "Songs of a Distant Heart" - what do you think?

Re: Smoochflute #2

Nice flute work, old chap. Good show!

I enjoyed your composition. You are a talented writer with a flair for pretty melodies.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi, Owen

I've been looking forward to another "Smoochflue" - (um, yeah - that title doesn't do the dignity of the pieces justice - 'Songs of a Distant Heart' is fitting) --and I certainly wasn't disapointed.

Really lovely composition and recording also.

BUT at :54 do you think your work is done?

I feel the material would be well served with a modulation into a middle section, and then a return to at least a good portion of what you have here - making the piece at least 2 mins. ---Or is there a particular reason you're wanting to keep these short?

Very pretty.

Randy B.

How about "Songs of a Cherished Heart"? I think distant ruins the title. To me. I don't know. I love it though, to me it sounds cherished.
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

Another nice piece Owen; I particularly liked the piano work in this - well done.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

This is a lovely work, delicate and sensitive. The rendering is perfect!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Well done, but why so short? These 2 pieces are close enough to come up with a transistion between them and add in a little variation and all of a sudden it's closer to 5 minutes. Just a thought

Engaging Melodic content aside, I thought your
    development of it was really profound. So few
    harmonic changes, yet so much happening.

I was also taken by the fantastic balance between
    flute and piano. Very well mixed.

Very enjoyable listen, Owen

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Dallas, TX

That was very nice and relaxing to listen to this evening. A agree very nice beautiflully balanced and also agree that was some fine piano playing. You seem to have done a great job with the flute vibrato (unless it's called something else when it's on a flute), impressive. As Larry said, good show!

Very lovely! And yes, change the title - or at least the subject line on the posting. My first thought was that this would be humorous/light/jazzy/whatever, but nothing like what you actually posted. Glad I clicked, anyway!

I agree with the others: too short. Hope to hear an expanded version soon.
    Ron Pearl

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast