• Register
  • Help

Topic: C&mb

Share/Bookmark

C&mb

Hey,
    Ive just resieved Concert & Marching Band library!!!
    It's great and i cant get enough of it!!
    There is one thing though....
    How do i add reverb?
    How do i record?
    I cound't find any buttons or options that say record or reverb?
    Can someone help?
    Thanks

Dan.

Re: C&mb

Hi Dan,

To use the Kontakt Player built-in reverb, do this:
    1. Fire up KP2
    2. Go to the output tab.
    3. Click Show Inserts
    4. On one of the 4 pull-downs for the st.1 output (main stereo) select Reverb.
    5. Double-click on it or select it and hit Edit Effect
    6. Find a nice preset, or tweak as needed.

Alternatively, you can use Convolution in place of reverb and a nice convolution IR response. There is apparently a bug in KP2 that only allows drag and drop of the IR you want to use during standalone, so you'll need to create your impulse convolution in standalone and then save it as a preset if you want to load it in a host. There's several threads around here somewhere on sources for impulse responses.

Recording is a different beast. You will need a sequencer or other VST host that the Kontakt Player can sit in. From this program, you will have the option to record KP2's output. Cantabile Light might work for you for a quick fix with audio recording capacities.

Best,
    Reegs

Re: C&mb

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Hi Dan,

To use the Kontakt Player built-in reverb, do this:
    1. Fire up KP2
    2. Go to the output tab.
    3. Click Show Inserts
    4. On one of the 4 pull-downs for the st.1 output (main stereo) select Reverb.
    5. Double-click on it or select it and hit Edit Effect
    6. Find a nice preset, or tweak as needed.

Alternatively, you can use Convolution in place of reverb and a nice convolution IR response. There is apparently a bug in KP2 that only allows drag and drop of the IR you want to use during standalone, so you'll need to create your impulse convolution in standalone and then save it as a preset if you want to load it in a host. There's several threads around here somewhere on sources for impulse responses.

Recording is a different beast. You will need a sequencer or other VST host that the Kontakt Player can sit in. From this program, you will have the option to record KP2's output. Cantabile Light might work for you for a quick fix with audio recording capacities.

Best,
    Reegs
    Hey Reegs,
    Thanks for your reply!
    I'll have to try the Cantabile Light, I'm pretty disapointed that i have to use a separate program to record, it should have been explained somewere?!?

Best,
    Dan.

Go Back to forum