• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Larghetto

Smile Larghetto

Hi to all,

After a couple of months 'pregnancy' I 'gave birth' to this new 'child':

I enjoyed creating it and I hope you'll enjoy the hearing of it...

Re: Larghetto

What a beautiful "child"! This is a very graceful and charming little piece, with some really interesting transitions. I enjoyed this very much.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Very mellow and pretty. You must be a proud parent. Where's my cigar? lol

Well done

This is beautiful and a very nice production. I like it a lot. Good harp and strings work.

Thank you for posting.

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Wow Larry..... Getting a little old school on us there? Haha. Anyway, it is very nice. And I'm glad you had a beautiful child. I wish I could say the same for my parents..... Wait what??
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

Hi Yudit,

A lovely piece this,

I realy like the way you have used the harp for texture, with the different rhythms throughout.

For my taste there is a touch too much reverb on much of this, particularly the oboe and perhaps the strings, placing the harp a little too front and centre, but overall I am being picky - this is lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

What a nice composition with so many feelings, Yudit!

Please spend a little bit more reverb to the harp and the oboe, then it is a perfect mix!

My Best,

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi, Yudit

Let me join in the celebration of your new child's birth. It's a lovely work, full of folk-like charm in its sensibility.

Thanks for letting us hold and coooo at the baby.

Randy B.

All I can say is WOW! I just got home from my trip and sat down to play with GPO a little bit to unwind. I grabbed the score of Beethoven's Sixth and started playing with velocities and mod wheel settings trying to get the strings to sound right, and despairing of ever making them play they way I know they can.

Then I listened to your piece. There is hope after all! It is possible to make strings sound warm and wonderful! Now that I've begun to get some hands on experience I can really appreciate the amount of hard work that goes into a rendering as beautiful and lifelike as this one. Well done!!

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

A marvelous melody and such lovely Harp writing.
    I particularly liked the ending. Very lovely accompaniment
    by the harp and a well-written ritard for the closing moments.
    One of the best endings I have heard on this Forum for a long

Get pregnant again, soon, Yudit. I like your "offspring."

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast