I post this to ask for help. Everything is GJBB, entered into Finale using the Notation instruments. I have no idea why the tempo accelerates or where the static is coming from. I had to use 10 staves for the trumpets, 5 open, 5 harmons, because I can't make the KS trumpets work in Finale. The drum parts are difficult, for me anyway, to get balanced properly as well as trying to figure out a notation that is readable using the drum kits.
Is is possible to overload the system with such a large group?
Any positive suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
It's there but you have to either download it or go through Itunes to play it. Someday I'll figure it all out and get it right the first time. AAARRRGGGHHHHG!!!!!
Your firm support is always most welcomed.
I'm not sure what I consider the greatest achievement, writing the chart or finally getting it posted. It strange, none of the noise and static I hear on my outfit here is present on the posting, but those screwy tempo bursts are still there.
I have always wondered how to spell "Tchaikovsky."
The answer is "9,W." What is the question?
"...It's there but you have to either download it or go through Itunes to play it..."
Well, maybe you've changed things again since writing that, but I didn't have to download it. The usual instant-play button was available, and that's how I took a listen.
REally fine charts here. Oh man, I love it to pieces. Super clever arrangement from the Nutcracker material.
"...Is is possible to overload the system with such a large group?..."
You bet it is, certainly is on my machine anyway. I use Sonar, and not notation, but on a regular basis I have to bounce tracks to audio in order to keep building large ensembles - my computer can't handle the large playback otherwise.
You said the noise that bothers you on live playback isn't in the recording - but I'm hearing what sounds like the artifacts of too much reverb. A crunching and sometimes metallic sound can happen especially with brass being processed through a large percentage of reverb.
It sounds like your entire project is being sent through a reverb at 100% wet - It's a common error, and perhaps you've done that. The intention is for reverb to be added in different percentages per group of a band, and most of those will be under 50%. You set up a reverb setting at full blast, then send just a portion of each track's signal through the reverb - Um, however that's done in Finale--Sorry, I have no experience with that program.
But what I'm saying, is that this sounds Way too wet and therefore distant, and I think that's causing some slightly ugly rasping artifacts in the sound.
Great charts though, and with my imagination, I can hear this in the much smaller and drier version that would make it Really happening.