• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Coriolanus" Overture Op.62 - Beethoven

"Coriolanus" Overture Op.62 - Beethoven

Due to the business (busy+ness) of second year university life, I am currently only able to produce renditions of smaller scale works such as this:

Coriolanus Overture by Beethoven, Op.62

Perhaps I could use less horns in here?

Re: "Coriolanus" Overture Op.62 - Beethoven

Outstanding rendition. As a newbie I have to ask, what sequencing and/or notation software do you use?

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Hello, kanazo

This is great to have you back with another great classical rendition for us. I just refreshed my memory on your previous posts by clicking your profile - aaah yes, always exciting, well done pieces that you've posted.

"Coriolanus" sounds great to me. "Outstanding" indeed, as Gary Shannon said.

Horns too loud? Not for my taste. So there's one vote for keeping them where you have them.

Your fine tuned sensitivity to the material comes through so strongly - A superb example of software tools being mastered so they aren't hindering the intentions of the user. You have certainly tamed and taken control of the programs you use.

Thanks for letting us hear this in the middle of your busy schedule. Take care!

Randy B.

If this piece is done with samples there is no need for orchestras anymore

Totally off topic, and I don't direct this towards anyone... but I can't stand the soundclick.com. It drives me crazy when it won't work sometimes. I wish there was another way. It's working now. Butit wasn't for like 2 minutes. Anyway, it was well worth the wait because I love Beethoven, and what betterway to enjoy him than through GPO. Great rendition. Lovely piece. Bring us more. I know your busy,I'm a sophomore in college, too. Gotta find the time though (2-3AM) (or later)...
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

Probably, one of the best renditions I have ever heard
    on this Forum. Your skill in the use of samples is, without
    exageration, OUTSTANDING. You have to be the envy
    of all composers who are members here and would love
    to be able to render their compositions as this one was.

Will be very interested in hearing some of your own
    compositions in the near future.

QUESTION: How does one download an mp3 copy of this
    from Soundclick?

BRAVO, Kanazo

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Gotta love the master (Beethoven).
    Well Done!!

On a side note, the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra played this this past weekend. I am a college junior and wasn't able to afford to go. This was a nice reminder of that!!! lol

Wine Country, Colorado

Absolutely stunning!

This is a first rate demo. Not just the rendering but the playing. Your interpretation of this great piece was most enjoyable. I found myself thinking I was listening to the real deal. Congratulations and very well done!

Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Great rendering of this piece. How can you call it a small work? Hardly so. But is obvious and I am glad that you put such effort and detail into it. I know how much work that it is. And you have done this extremely well. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    QUESTION: How does one download an mp3 copy of this
    from Soundclick?

You must first register as a user with Soundclick (for free) and then you are able to download the mp3 files.

Great job, Kanazo. I enjoyed this almost as much as your version of the Organ symphony.

And why would anyone ever want less horn!?!?!?!? That's just absurd!!!! More horns! More horns! More horns!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast