• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Please sellers deal with USPS for international shipping

Share/Bookmark

Angry Please sellers deal with USPS for international shipping

Hi,

I just paid a 60$ custom hidden fee to Fedex. It's clearly hacking. As an honest citizen I pay taxes for any purchase but those raptors deserve less than respect for their abusive billing.

Please Online stores do not feed FEDEX and UPS

SergeD

Re: Please sellers deal with USPS for international shipping

Custom hidden fee?

If you ordered from the USA and are a European citizen this is called import tax, unless I misunderstand you somehow...

Can you explain a bit further please?

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    Hi,

I just paid a 60$ custom hidden fee to Fedex. It's clearly hacking. As an honest citizen I pay taxes for any purchase but those raptors deserve less than respect for their abusive billing.

SergeD
    I would second that. Fedex in particular. They charge you, the seller, a delivery fee, which you pass on to us. Then when the item arrives they charge an enormous fee for bringing it through customs. There's the VAT and duty, which is fair enough, (although I happen to believe that customs never charge any, since USPS never pass on these charges) but on top of that they charge an enormous fee which they claim is for the time they spend rushing the item through customs - otherwise, they claim, the item would have been held up for weeks. For some reason, although this fee is for the deliveryman's time, it's still dependent on the value of the package. And the seller is usually completely unaware of all this.

But the worst bit is that they subcontract to the cheapest / nastiest scum at this end. On one occasion I had sample libraries coming, for which I paid for express delivery. I waited in on the day it should have arrived, but nothing came. So I used the online tracking, and was surprised to see that they claimed to have attempted a delivery, and that I wasn't in. I phoned up, and they more or less admitted that they hadn't actually had time, but didn't want to write that on the tracking details, since they also showed that I'd paid for next day delivery. Anyway, they promised that it would absolutely be delivered the next day. Surprise, surprise, it wasn't, but the tracking details again said that it had been. On the third day, they again made no attempt to deliver it, and the tracking details changed to say that they'd made three attempts, and now needed advising on how to proceed. So I gave them some rather choice advice about how to proceed, which had nothing to do with my parcel. Then I made it clear if I waited in for another day with no delivery I would take legal action... and the package arrived at 8 the next morning - and, at my urging, they waved the VAT and charges.

So yeah, please don't use Fedex.

They have no competition so they can charge any amount they wish for handling your purchase at border. It reminds me the petroleum mafia.

I read that some people in Canada have ordered a 50$ item from USA and they paid more than 50$ for handling fee. l I'll never order on online store without an USPS delivery option.

SergeD

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Custom hidden fee?

If you ordered from the USA and are a European citizen this is called import tax, unless I misunderstand you somehow...

Can you explain a bit further please?
    Nikolas, if I understand Serge correctly, he is referring to a handling fee charged by Fedex for handling the customs arrangements; he is not referring to the customs / duties charged by the government.

Hi,

SergeD
    If you order from Canada i suggest you use US post service for software or UPS for bigger items. Fedex sucks! Every once in a while i stop and think what additional software or gear i could have if these bastard didn't steel from. ggrrrrrrr!

You know what's ironic:
    USPS contracts out a huge portion of their mail to FedEx!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

Cannot agree more! Made similar experiences with them both in Austria (Europe) and Brazil (South America).

Next time I'll try UPS but I'm not confident they are cheaper.

SergeD

Next time I'll try UPS but I'm not confident they are cheaper.

SergeD
    Not UPS, USPS. UPS are just as bad as Fedex.

The United States Postal Service is what we want. They may well subcontract to Fedex in the US, but not at this end, which is what matters. USPS deliveries are invariably completed by Royal Mail, who are stupid and inefficient, but don't charge any stealth charges after the event.

Go Back to forum