• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JaBB KP2 update seems to be missing from NI Service Center!

Share/Bookmark

JaBB KP2 update seems to be missing from NI Service Center!

Because of a disk crash, I had to reinstall all of my Garritan libraries.

All went well except for JaBB. I installed it, and then went to the Native Instruments site to download the KP2 update. It wasn't there.

When I launch KP2, it shows a library window for JaBB KP2, but it's empty and I can't load any instruments.

Any suggestions?

Re: JaBB KP2 update seems to be missing from NI Service Center!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    Because of a disk crash, I had to reinstall all of my Garritan libraries.

All went well except for JaBB. I installed it, and then went to the Native Instruments site to download the KP2 update. It wasn't there.

When I launch KP2, it shows a library window for JaBB KP2, but it's empty and I can't load any instruments.

Any suggestions?
    Try to use you auth number already registred for JABB....I had the same trouble than you and I did it.....and it´s work!!

Andres Eloy

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    And just checking that you have the "show previously downloaded" box checked.

Just an idea

Tom
    Actually, it's the other way around -- the box is "Don't show previously downloaded" and it's unchecked. If I check it, the list of downloads available gets still smaller. And no JaBB either way.

Quote Originally Posted by androdriguez
    Try to use you auth number already registred for JABB....I had the same trouble than you and I did it.....and it´s work!!

Andres Eloy
    I can't use any auth number because the Service Center shows me as already registered for JaBB. So it must think the update is already installed, and won't show it to me again.

Actually, it's the other way around -- the box is "Don't show previously downloaded" and it's unchecked. If I check it, the list of downloads available gets still smaller. And no JaBB either way.
    My guess is you originally authorized JABB under a different e-mail address.

I can't use any auth number because the Service Center shows me as already registered for JaBB.
    You can - in Product Details.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    My guess is you originally authorized JABB under a different e-mail address.
    Nope. Haven't changed email addresses in many years.

Anyway, when I ask the service center what products I have authorized, it shows JaBB, along with all the authorization codes, etc. It just doesn't list the KP2 update.

I've been able to work around the problem by copying the library files from my other computer.

You can - in Product Details.
    But there's nothing I can use it for, because there's nothing to authorize--so I don't have the opportunity to use it.

I am sorry, but you lost me here. You said you couldn't find JABB KP2 to download. Soo, it's not installed, right? Then how can KP2 show JABB?

I would like to know exactly how far you have come:

Did you download JABB KP2?
    Did you install JABB KP2?
    Did you authorize JABB KP2?
    Does JABB show up in KP2?

Btw, are you running the very latest version of Service Center?

I am sorry, but you lost me here. You said you couldn't find JABB KP2 to download. Soo, it's not installed, right? Then how can KP2 show JABB?

I would like to know exactly how far you have come:

Did you download JABB KP2?
    Did you install JABB KP2?
    Did you authorize JABB KP2?
    Does JABB show up in KP2?

Btw, are you running the very latest version of Service Center?
    OK, here's what happened.

I installed JABB and authorized it.
    I got a serial number for JABB KP2 and authorized it.
    Then the disk crashed on which JABB was installed. In fact, all my Garritan products were installed there. This is a different disk from my system disk. Kontakt Player 2 is installed on the system disk; the crashed disk is just the one with the samples.

So I reinstalled. When I installed GPO, I went to the service center to register it and it told me it was already registered. I asked the service center for updates, and it told me I could download the GPO KP2 update. I did so, and installed it. When I went back to the service center to register it, I was told that GPO KP2 was already registered.

When I installed Stradivari and Concert&Marching Band, they went in without difficulty -- in each case NI Service Center told me they were already registered (and of course they already use KP2).

When I installed JABB, it installed just like GPO up to a point. The initial installation went just fine, and when I went to the service center, it told me JABB was already registered.

However, when I asked the service center for updates, it did not display any updates for JABB. It did tell me that JABB KP2 was already registered. It did not make any difference whether I checked the "Don't show me updates I've already downloaded" box. No matter what I did, the update from JABB KP1 to JABB KP2 was not there.

I have been able to work around the problem by copying the library files from my other machine. After I did that, JABB showed up properly in KP2 and I can play it. So in one sense, the problem is solved.

In another sense, though, I am concerned that the service center is *still* not displaying the JABB KP2 update as available for me to download, because this suggests that when the next JABB update comes out, I won't get it, and if I ever want to move to another computer, I may have difficulty installing JABB.

Go Back to forum