• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sam Brass EQ question

Sam Brass EQ question

Hi all, I am mixing a piece that has Sam Horns/Trombones and free Trumpets playing a fairly fast marcato/staccatto line.

I dont know if its the reverb I applied but the brass is sounding a little harsh. I tried rolling off some EQ around the 2k mark but am wary of destroying the sound.

Has anyone got any advice for EQ treament with the Sam libraries? I mean, generally they\'re one of the best sounding libraries out of the box, so perhaps I shouldnt be EQing at all?

Thanks, Scott.

Re: Sam Brass EQ question

Actually, the Sam Trombones have the pre-eq\'d set, can Maarten (I spelt it right!) or someone else tell me what EQ was applied there?

Hey Scott,

Normally I think SAM Horns or SAM Trombones doesn\'t need any EQing. I think I have done it on a couple of occasions, but for ADDING bite/brightness. Not to remove it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Are you allowed to post any of the music you\'re working on? Maybe we can all take a listen.

Thanks Maarten. I\'ll post the piece in the next few days. All the brass is from the Sam libraries. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Scott.

Go Back to forum