• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Maartin, SAM TRUMPETS - Any idea when??

Share/Bookmark

Re: Maartin, SAM TRUMPETS - Any idea when??

Hey Colin,

We expect SAM Trumpets to be finished by the end of August. That\'s as accurate a release date as we can give you now.

As for the true legato. Of course it\'s not as easy as just \"incorporating the tool\". You need to have all the intervals sampled to begin with. If you want it to work completely sample-based. Who knows... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Uhm... and it\'s \"Maarten\". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Maarten

Maartin, SAM TRUMPETS - Any idea when??

Maartin,

I\'m looking forward to your trumpets. I really like the sound of the preview samples on your site. Any general estimate as to when they will be available?

One other question for you. Have you ever discussed with Herb the possibility of partnering with Vienna somehow- incorporating the Vienna perf tool into your library? What I would give to have p leg samples with the SAM hall sound. I like VSL trumpets, but much prefer the warm reasonance of a trumpet in a large hall.

Thanks,

Colin

Hi Maarten,

I\'ve just been listening to the Sneak Previews of the trumpets and they are sounding good.

I have one question, however, will you be doing a straight mute aswell as cup and harmon as this is the most used orchestral mute? (In fact there are both metal and fibre straights, but the metal would be most useful.)

Many thanks for some great products,

Adrian

Maarten, can\'t wait for those trumpets!!

-Matt

Can hardly wait too! I am a SAM fan now!

Nhick

Here\'s seconding the motion for straight mutes! I\'m surprised by this common omission in brass libs.

Looking forward to the trumpets!

--Eric

And here\'s a third vote for the mutes.
    -Hudson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric G:
    [QB] Here\'s seconding the motion for straight mutes! I\'m surprised by this common omission in brass libs.

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words.

The site info about mutes wasn\'t correct, we did do straights. So there will be:

- Straight mute long note, crescendo, staccato
    - Harmon mute long note, crescendo, staccato

Two totally different sounding mutes. I\'m sure that will please all of you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Best,

Maarten

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words.

The site info about mutes wasn\'t correct, we did do straights. So there will be:

- Straight mute long note, crescendo, staccato
    - Harmon mute long note, crescendo, staccato

Two totally different sounding mutes. I\'m sure that will please all of you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Best,

Maarten
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wooooooo!! Consider this post evidence of frothing at the mouth.

Frothfully,
    --Eric

Thats great news Maarten.

Now all we need is the full SAM Brass Band release with Tenor Horns, Flugels, Baritones, Euphoniums, Cornets and Bb & Eb Basses!

Go Back to forum