• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Where do you ...

Share/Bookmark

Question OT - Where do you ...

think this is all going to take you? I'm looking back and realizing how much I put into all of this and how little return came of it. Some goodt, some baidt. Still, I wouldn't trade it for all the free software on this forum. Ah, wait ... did I say that? Scratch that from the records. I meant to say, I wouldn't trade it for all the recording hardware up to date! Again, scratch that from the CD.

Let me know how you feel. By the way, there are two sides to an argument. I just don't have time to listen to yours.
    At first you don't succeed, find another girlfriend!
    An apple a day, sure makes you run!
    What's this thing called ... love?
    A penny for your thoughts. A quarter to keep your mouth shut!
    When you wish upon a star ... keep dreaming.
    Music tames the savage beast. I don't plan on playing for any savage beast at anytime soon.
    That's about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

See yas later.
    Styxx

Re: OT - Where do you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Music tames the savage beast. I don't plan on playing for any savage beast at anytime soon.
    erroneous quote.
    the actual quote is:

"Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast"
    not "beast".

This is one of the most oft misquoted passages in literature.

I'm looking back and realizing how much I put into all of this and how little return came of it. Some goodt, some baidt. Still, I wouldn't trade it for all the free software on this forum.
    I have only to look as far back as May to see the disproportional amount of love and stress that I put into something versus what the project gave back. Although my disappointment was through the roof, the knowledge and experience I gained was ultimately invaluable (I don't want to seem ungrateful, but really, no one likes character building while they are doing it). And I have the music I wrote (my music is like my childrens).

I still wonder where I will end up. I have started looking into a studio upgrade, and am meeting with more new people about their projects. I have a short film premiering in a festival next week, and although at times progress seems slow (and occasionally almost non-existent), there is progress.

I agree with you, Styxx, that I wouldn't trade it for anything.

That's about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
    The screen door is to keep the mosquitos out (in the larvae stage), silly!

Rob

Go Back to forum