• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Flute Antics

Share/Bookmark

Flute Antics

An update of a quintet for piccolo, 2 flutes. alto & bass flute.

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=4288293&q=hi

Re: Flute Antics

Great dialog in this, Gary! Enjoyed it.

Maybe a tad dry in the rendering?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This is very beautiful, nice writing, Gary!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Thanks for listening David and Gunther.
    I turned all the dials about as high as they would go.
    Gary

Hi, Gary

About the lack of reverb on this intereting piece you posted, you said, "...I turned all the dials about as high as they would go..."

Do you know how to post screen shots? If you can do that, it's just high time we take a look and straighten this out for you.

Something is severely wrong if you indeed turned dials up almost to the max and still have Zero reverb - You're using either the wrong knobs, audio isn't routed properly--SOmething is wrong, and with screen shots we could probably straighten things out.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Randy,
    I know how to copy(highlight) a segment, but I don't know how to save it for this post.
    Gary

Hi, Gary - I'll go to email if this isn't enough info. You can write me by email, using info on my name here in the post.

I don't mean to copy and paste - I mean to make a screen shot which shows everything on your computer monitor. You just press the "print screen" button - But then, what I do, is process that image in Photo Shop, save it as a .jpg or .gif, put it in my Tripod account, and then link to it.

If there's a shorter method for that--it'd be great. It's not really very time consuming, but I guess it could be a lot if you haven't done it before.

I'd just like to see what you see on your monitor when you think you're adding reverb in your program. Pictures say a thousand words--all that.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Agreed on the lack of reverb, but I like the music, would be great to hear it with real players.

I agree that it sounds a bit dry. Hopefully Randy can help you out with that. The music itself sounds like something I would compose. I don't know if that is good or bad, so take it as you wish. It does measn though that I liked it.

Ron

Thanks Ron.
    I think that composed music can be the signature of the writer.
    What you have inside expresses itself more clearly than any words. That isn't to say that anyone would get the same message.
    I am drawn to Russian the music of Prokofiev, Shostakovich, but also strive for threads of Copland, Mozart and Beethoven.
    That of course doesn't mean I'll get there...
    Thanks for listening.
    Gary

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast