• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: Virtual Guitarist 2

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Virtual Guitarist 2

    Does anyone have any comments on Virtual Guitarist 2?

  2. #2

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    Love it!

    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    I rely on it quite a bit here as well.
    It is a great tool to have
    Simeon Amburgey
    Sound Creations, Inc.
    Louisville, KY
    www.soundcreationsinc.com

  4. #4

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    Very useful for FAST renderings, but somewhat limited (only so many patterns, etc.)


    Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    Not so - you can edit patterns in VG2, but it takes time to get a feel for it.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

  6. #6

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    For sure - I have done this at both the 'midi' level and audio processing level. But the key word is 'time'. Too much tweaking back and forth - would rather 'play it in' from scratch - for me faster.

    Looking at the new Real Guitar (strat). Looks promising and fast.


    Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    For sure - I have done this at both the 'midi' level and audio processing level. But the key word is 'time'. Too much tweaking back and forth - would rather 'play it in' from scratch - for me faster.

    Looking at the new Real Guitar (strat). Looks promising and fast.


    Rob
    Careful...Realstrat is most certainly NOT as easy to use as VG, but VG is just a chord-strumalong tool (with a few single-note fills here and there), whereas Realstrat can be Rhythm or Lead and will take a while to learn, let alone master. But once you do, you'll have infinitely more composing power than you do with VG, of course. Keep in mind, it sounds unmistakably like a strat, so you're never going to get a Gibson-like sound out of it (VG has alot of Gibsons in it if I remember correctly...I own VGEE but I never use it).

  8. #8

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    must i have installed the first version VGuitar in order to install VG2???


    thanks


    glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by soundcreations View Post
    I rely on it quite a bit here as well.
    It is a great tool to have

  9. #9

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    No ! but if you own VG1 you get a special price for VG2. This second opus contains 6,8Gb of samples and 88 styles including those from VG1 et VG-EE. Projects made with VG1/EE are not compatible with VG2 ! And don't forget you need a Syncrosoft usb dongle.
    Yes ! the part editor does not allow you to get a finished groove from scratch within 5 minutes, but at the other side it's rather easy to use for everybody and the instruments choice isn't bad after all.
    That's not the perfect guitar plugin but is a tool for musicians, with any skill level, and it does its job in an unique way.

    Quote Originally Posted by losackmd View Post
    must i have installed the first version VGuitar in order to install VG2???


    thanks


    glenn

  10. #10

    Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

    Steinberg has told me the following
    1. remove VG1 to use VG2
    2. download the binary intel version

    so no wonder Garageband is screwed up after installing VG1
    Quote Originally Posted by philaudiomicro View Post
    No ! but if you own VG1 you get a special price for VG2. This second opus contains 6,8Gb of samples and 88 styles including those from VG1 et VG-EE. Projects made with VG1/EE are not compatible with VG2 ! And don't forget you need a Syncrosoft usb dongle.
    Yes ! the part editor does not allow you to get a finished groove from scratch within 5 minutes, but at the other side it's rather easy to use for everybody and the instruments choice isn't bad after all.
    That's not the perfect guitar plugin but is a tool for musicians, with any skill level, and it does its job in an unique way.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •