• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 3 Compatability

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 3 Compatability

Does anyone know if Kontakt 3 can save nki's that are compatible with Kontakt 2.

I want to get Kontakt for creating sample libraries, and I am torn between the two. I don't want to make a library from K3 if only 3 people own it.

Re: Kontakt 3 Compatability

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.saenz
    Does anyone know if Kontakt 3 can save nki's that are compatible with Kontakt 2.

I want to get Kontakt for creating sample libraries, and I am torn between the two. I don't want to make a library from K3 if only 3 people own it.
    If you order K2, you might get a free K3 upgrade. For September it was good, I don't know if it's September and beyond though. I'd check into that.

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, but knowing NI, will they let you use K2 after you upgrade to K3?

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, but knowing NI, will they let you use K2 after you upgrade to K3?
    Yes, this was stated by NI itself, and confirmed by early adopters.

Oh, awesome! That is usualy not like NI to do that, haha.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Jeremy

It isn't?
    I have komplete 3, 4 and soon 5.
    And I still have the old EP, the old FM7, Absynth 3 and I think some other older version and they all peacefully coexist on the same machine with the newer versions.
    I plan to do the same with Kontakt 2 as well.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Oh, my only experience would be through the Kontakt player to the KP2 upgrade, which restricted it. My bad

you sure it did?
    some libraries never made it across to kp2, and I know user who have kp stuff and kp2 stuff running peacefully on their machines.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

All my Garritan stuff won't run in KP1 anymore.. But thats ok

Instruments saved in K3 will not run in K2.
    Even patches created in K2.2.3 will not run in K2.2.1, but that should not be a problem.

If you plan to do a Kontakt-Player library, you should know that it will take some time until KP3 is ready.

What kind of libraries do you want to produce?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Go Back to forum