• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Keyboard, New Problem

Share/Bookmark

Question New Keyboard, New Problem

Hello!

My name is Jenna, and I have just become part of the Garritan fanclub a week and a half ago! I'm terribly excited about all of the musical possibilities I can now explore. I have GPO and The Stradivari, and they are marvelous!

I also just purchased a wonderful new keyboard yesterday (M-Audio Keystation Pro 88), and I have a new problem. I use Pro Tools LE, and when I record with the Strad, I have control over the volume with my expression pedal. However, the levels I set with the pedal are gone when I return later and reopen the file. Then it plays in pianissimo, only. Am I missing a step when I save a project? Do I need to specially save the expression pedal information before I close the project?

I'd really appreciate some ideas. I'm reading my manuals like crazy, but I'm just so darn eager to make everything work right, I may be missing something very simple, right under my nose.

Thanks!
    -Jen

Re: New Keyboard, New Problem

Not an expert at this sort of problem, but...

Could it be that you somehow filtered out the expression in your "midi recorded" data? I work in Cubase, and there are all sorts of filters to not record midi data that one doesn't want to record. Perhaps something like that has happened.

Good luck.

Mark

Are you continually moving the pedal in your recordings, or are you setting it to one expressio dynamic and keeping it there to record?

Jen,

when you start the recording you have to move the pedal before you play the first note, otherwise no information about your pedal will be recorded.... .

So start recording at 1.00, move the pedal and start playing at 3.00..., for example.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Cool Re: New Keyboard, New Problem

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    when you start the recording you have to move the pedal before you play the first note, otherwise no information about your pedal will be recorded.... .
    Hi!
    Haha--you were right. I feel kinda sheepish, now. Thanks so much for the help!
    It works! It works! Eureka!!!

-Jenna

Go Back to forum