• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone get Kontakt 3 yet?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone get Kontakt 3 yet?

I got it today, but won't be upgrading until I get home from work.

anyone using it yet? I am particularly interested in the wave editing functionality...

Re: Anyone get Kontakt 3 yet?

UGH. It installed just fine (6 DVDs) but it crashes on start-up and i can't read the crash log...i did send it in to NI

It appears that Sonar users are having nothing but crashes! Looks like I'll pass on this upgrade especially since I still have issues with Kontakt 2.

Jim

Well..update...in all fairness, the troubleshooting section in the starter guide indicated my problem (K3 not recognizing sound card at start-up)

So I rebooted with sound card "off" (its external) plugged it back in and now K3 works just dandy as stand-alone and VST (in Cubase)

There is alot of new features and tweakability and the library sounds better and is much expanded (everything from dance loops to bagpipes)

Also they built in quite a bit of reverb and tweaking in their library samples themselves, so you can directly select hall size, reverb amt, closeness, etc.

Frankly, there is so much that I will never use or learn to use, I am sure; at least its here, lol

No probs with K3 so far... I use it in Cubase 4 and in FL-Studio. I like the new search function and the better accessability of the parameters. The whole plugin seems to be tidied up. I haven´t checked a lot of the new library instruments yet, but it is very promising and therefore worth the money for the update.

Best,

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by Schmandie
    No probs with K3 so far... I use it in Cubase 4 and in FL-Studio. I like the new search function and the better accessability of the parameters. The whole plugin seems to be tidied up. I haven´t checked a lot of the new library instruments yet, but it is very promising and therefore worth the money for the update.

Best,

Andreas
    Hm, let us see.
    I'll get my parcel tomorrow!

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

if it was 64bit I would go for it 100%, but since it's not - I stay in K2

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    if it was 64bit I would go for it 100%, but since it's not - I stay in K2
    Same here.