• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Altiverb6 or Voxengo PS?

Share/Bookmark

Altiverb6 or Voxengo PS?

I would like to get some wise opinions about buying either Altiverb6 (need some time to save up) or Voxengo Pristine Space (money is ready).
    I know their prices are much different, but I heard a lot of good feedbacks from Voxengo users.

Thanks.

hc.

Re: Altiverb6 or Voxengo PS?

PS is a lot cheaper, also because it does not come with any IRs. In my opinion the sound is equally good as Altiverb, if not better. If you need lots of IRs, save for Altiverb. If you want a reliable, no-nonsense convo plugin, get PS.

Cheers,

PS with high quality IR files makes for an outstanding reverb. And for outstanding IR files, you need look no further then the poster below you - Peter Roos.

I purchased his IR files a while back and it remains one of my best purchases. I use them daily in my projects.

Thanks Mark,

Much appreciated!

btw, maybe you should also try the L96 lib!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    Thanks Mark,

Much appreciated!

btw, maybe you should also try the L96 lib!
    It's on my list! I'll be ordering that from you soon.

Cool

BTW: how are you doing with your band?

Cheers,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    Cool

BTW: how are you doing with your band?

Cheers,

Peter
    We've finally moved up to festival headliner! It's a small one (but very prestigous) in Germany next April. Should be fun.

We've got one album left on our current deal, that will probably be a live album.

Thanks for asking!

Would you recommend waves IR-1?

Waves IR1 is an excellent plugin, that includes a lot of IRs. But it is also quite expensive. A drawback of IR1 is that it has a fixed latency of 11 msec, whereas Pristine Space (my favorite) can have a lower latency. Pristine Space is much cheaper, but does not contain any IRs, although you can download some from www.voxengo.com.

Why not try the free demo from PS? You can also download some free IRs (also in True Stereo) from my website.

Thanks Peter,

I will certainly do!.......but quick question, will the same IR file sound the same in all convolution reverb applications?

hc.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast