• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio dropouts when recording with GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark

Audio dropouts when recording with GPO Studio

My Beethoven plays fine in real time but when I record to wav using Garriton Studio I get long sections of silence in the middle of the piece. I'm using 3 instances of Kontakt with a total of 19 patches on a 3.2 GHz Pentium.

The odd thing is that the forte passage with all instruments playing seem to work fine most of the time. Many of the 5 to 10 second silences are in softer passages with fewer instruments playing.

Any suggestions?

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Re: Audio dropouts when recording with GPO Studio

Gary, maybe I'm not up to speed on this, but with the new KP2, I thought there was no longer a need for GPO Studio.

Is it because of the notation program you're using - and KP2 didn't work with it?

You may have explained this in an earlier post - but I'm not remembering the details if you did.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Gary,

I'm not very sure what is causing it, but it could be related to background services interrupting and reading/writing (VirusScan in particular). Things you might try are adjusting the latency settings as high as they will go and optimizing your PC. Check musicxp.net for some starting points.

Thanks for the replies.

Randy: I'm using the method suggested in the tutorial on using GPO with Noteworthy. I'll have to take a closer look to see if I'm using an outdated approach.

I did solve the problem by increasing the buffer size to max in Garriton Studio. Or maybe the problem just went away if it was connected, as Reegs suggested, by background processes. Anyway, for now, I did manage to complete the render.

Reegs: Thanks for that link. I'll look into it.

Look for it in the listening room.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Go Back to forum