• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: "Sketch In B Minor"

Share/Bookmark

"Sketch In B Minor"

Sketch Lovers,

Herewith is my all-GPO "Sketch In B Minor" (relative to D Major, two sharps).

Use caution with your volume. The horns are aggressive (sfz and fff in places) in the opening measures.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Sketch In B Minor"

Just great and never make anything in be minor again. Just be major!!!!

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Just great and never make anything in be minor again. Just be major!!!!

Raymond
    OK...whatever you say.

Thanks for listening.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Interesting thematic material. You should definitely develop this into something "big". The reverb was just slightly heavy for my taste, but that's just me. A nicely done sketch overall.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    Interesting thematic material. You should definitely develop this into something "big". The reverb was just slightly heavy for my taste, but that's just me. A nicely done sketch overall.

--gary shannon
    Thank you, Mr. Gary Shannon.

It's as "big" as it's going to get. I don't think that I will be spending any more time on it.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry:
    I agree with FiziWig. To not develop this into a complete cycle will be bordering on criminal neglect. Great sounds and a very satisfactory ending, especially if you are proceding into Mvmt II, or better yet, the development section.
    As a brass player, I must warn you, that if you present this to a live group, expect some flack about the range from the French Horn section, but I am on your side because I love screaming Fr.Hns.

Isn't it great to have such a talent/gift as yours and get to have as much fun with it as you do?

I need a "green with envy" smile!

sos

Once again, another great Alexander piece. I guess they should callyou Alexander the Great! I enjor the horn lines emmensely. Great renering. I agree with the comment about a little too much reverb.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    Larry:
    I agree with FiziWig. To not develop this into a complete cycle will be bordering on criminal neglect. Great sounds and a very satisfactory ending, especially if you are proceding into Mvmt II, or better yet, the development section.
    As a brass player, I must warn you, that if you present this to a live group, expect some flack about the range from the French Horn section, but I am on your side because I love screaming Fr.Hns.

Isn't it great to have such a talent/gift as yours and get to have as much fun with it as you do?

I need a "green with envy" smile!

sos

My goodness, Mr. Steve. I am mega-flattered. Many thanks to you for your spirits-lifting review! I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Only thing off has been stated as the reverb. Other than that a great piece.

Well done
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr
    Once again, another great Alexander piece. I guess they should callyou Alexander the Great! I enjor the horn lines emmensely. Great renering. I agree with the comment about a little too much reverb.
    I appreciate it, tuba dude.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast