• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: No Internet for me...

Unhappy OT: No Internet for me...

My family and I recently moved and our new house still has no Internet connection. Verizon first said it would be two or three days, and now they say it won't be until the 10th or 11th. And yesterday gas pipe workers at a nearby building site cut some underground phone wires anyway, which now have to be replaced.

So... if you've emailed me and I have not yet responded, this is why. The most I've been able to do is quickly jump on public library computers to download material I need for homework (and make this post I guess). These computers are so slow and old, I can't even watch the new Sweeney Todd trailer! Grrrr...

I suppose the good news is that when we do get Internet access, our new service is supposed to be 5 to 10 times faster than our high speed was before, so I'll be zipping across the net with wild abandon!

I'll be back soon... I hope!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: OT: No Internet for me...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    These computers are so slow and old, I can't even watch the new Sweeney Todd trailer! Grrrr...
    you aren't missing much... he groans his way through a few measures of Epiphany, and there's a bunch of music NOT from Sondheim's brilliant score, and a tiny bit of "Ballad" in the orchestra.

This film scares the living crap out of me. I KNOW Burton's going to mangle it. They're going to cut half the music because none of their leads can sing. This is one of the most vocally demanding muscials ever written.

Dallas, TX

Well, on the bright side 10th or 11th not that far away, but still i see how the wait can be a huge inconvenience and aggrivating. Hope you are up and running soon, Sean, hope they don't extend that deadline.

Sean, this is really weird. This afternoon, while sitting on an underground train, it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't seen you posting or on the chat recently... and here you are ! Hope you get up and running again soon - it must be horrible to be de-internetted, but it sounds as if it'll be worth the pain once you're re-connected at superspeed.

(By the way, I totally agree about wondrousness of Sweeney Todd musical - now THAT would be a prime candidate for Gary's creepy Hallowe'en music !)

West Seneca, NY

Smoke signals man ... smoke signals!

I see a large smoke cloud in the sky. Are you that, Sean?

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum