• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: It Came Upon the Midnight Clear

Share/Bookmark

It Came Upon the Midnight Clear

Alright......I've able to post on everyone else's material.......So now it is my turn.....here is my christmas carol.......

www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=49622

Cliff

P.S. I had a lot of help with this (even though it is still not perfect) and I would just like to say THANK YOU to those individuals who lent a hand .....even if I didfrustrate them to no end.........THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Re: It Came Upon the Midnight Clear

Hi Clifford,

Very Nice! What instruments did you use on the Bell sounds? I am impressed by the placement of those bell notes, or is that a celesta?, excellent. My favorite part though was the cello solo at the end and would have liked more of that.

I listened to Last Night's Party on your page, it cracked me up, good laughs, but broght back some memories i'm sure we would all like to forget.

David

Hey Cliff, it sounds good. I am glad that you skipped on the 'give up mode' and went on to finish this. It has some very nice parts to it. I enjoyed it.
    -Jay

Leaf
    thanks for listening....the bells you hear are GPO Glockenspeil.....Had a tough time making them fit......I still have one more thing to do to the piece but as it sits it's done.....I was trying to go for a very small intimate atmosphere rather than a large orchestra.....

I'm glad you liked Last nights party....that took me about a month to put together.......I had to restart it about 4 or 5 times before the concept jelled.....but once it did I just thought of all these little things that might go into it......My fav. is the dog vs the car horn.......

thanks.....I appreciate the listen and I am glad that I could at least make you smile....it made it all worth while......

Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    Not a lick of sense!

Jay

with out you and Randy......man it would never have happened.....I worked very hard all day yesterday and today on it............thank you for your imput......It was very much appreciated.......
    I hope that you heard improvement......cause I did what we talked about to every track
    Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    Not a lick of sense!

There's my man, Cliff - DITTO what Jay said about being happy you didn't go into "give up mode" on this. You've really made a Huge leap in just the last few weeks, and this really nice recording is testimony to that. It's such a sweet sounding thing that I know a lot of people who enjoy playing during the up-coming holiday season.

If you stick with this title, you may want to change "the" to "a" - the original title is "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."

Proud of you Cliff, and I really enjoy hearing the fruits of your labor. YAAAAH you!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I'm going to have to get in and play with that glockenspeil some, i used it once for backing but very little.

Dog vs CarHorn is my fav too, was almost in tears, rofl.

Randy
    I originally had "A" instead of "The"......and I was scolded very severly.......so I went to look it up.......I have to say I was wrong......it is "the".......but any way......untill yesterday I was going to just give up.......It was Jay who gave me the inspiration to continue....Now I have to say....he did make me work....and so did you and I am sorry for frustrating you........But I am gald you like it.....It was worth it....

Leaf......again I am glad you laughed at the tune......It made it worth making.....but yeah the dog and the horn I kind of think as an arugument......and the dog is winning!!!!!!! ......I also love the 60's voices.....If you are old enough to remember them Heheheheheh!!!!!!

Again..........THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! I am humbled by your kindness
    three year old E machine
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    Not a lick of sense!

Howdy, Cliff - Well cool!--about the title. Must be one of those common mistakes, 'cause I could've SWorn it was "A midnight"--Learn something every day.

HEY--You didn't frustrate me during our email pow-wowing over this. Did I seem like that? I was just getting down to business and putting on my Tough Teacher hat. hehe.

There's just a Lot to this business of making music on computers. I still will sit down sometimes and think OH MAn---do I really know how to do any of this? Then I dig in, and things work out.

Congrats again on sticking with it and coming up with such a nice piece.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I started driving back in 1989, and until 2004 was mostly over the road with some local thrown in. Gave it all up to go back to school and get my degree. Sometimes I miss those 90 hour weeks.

Great rendering of a timeless classic!!

The first line of the poem is with "The". The name of the piece is with "A".

So in a way you are all kinda right.

Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast