• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: Happy Days!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Smile Happy Days!

    Happy Columbus Day!

    If you're in the USA it's Columbus Day and the banks, post office and many businesses are closed. The day celebrates the event in 1492 when Columbus indeed sailed the ocean blue. But many think it was Leif that discovered America!


    Happy Leif Erikson Day!

    Tomorrow is is a day that honors Leif Erikson.
    Columbus didn't reach the New World until 1492, 500 years after Leif Erikson's arrival in 1001 AD.He reputedly landed on the east coast of Canada.

    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day!

    Speaking of Canada, it's Thanksgiving Day! If you're in Canada, Happy Thanksgiving. If you're in the U.S., you need to wait 45 days. If you're somewhere else, I'm not sure.

    Happy Cephalopod Awareness Day!


    Let me be the first to wish you a happy International Cephalopod Awareness Day. It is a day to celebrate cephalopods. Neither Columbus or Leif Erikson may have made it to the New World without Cephalopds. So dance like an octopus and remember your tentacled friends.


    So much to celebrate these days!


    Enjoy

  2. #2
    Senior Member Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,797

    Re: Happy Days!

    Happy Day Gary!

    Happy Day Everyone!

    That Leif Erikson was a very controversial character, i read the chronicles and he misspelled most of his words.

  3. #3

    Re: Happy Days!

    It was actually the Irish who discovered America

    http://www.castletown.com/brendan.htm

  4. #4

    Re: Happy Days!

    Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    It was actually the Irish who discovered America

    http://www.castletown.com/brendan.htm
    That's going to come as quite a surprise to a lot of Aztecs and Incas.

  5. #5

    Talking Re: Happy Days!

    No question, the ICELANDER Leif Eiríksson found America.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1


    icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

    Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!


  6. #6

    Cool Re: Happy Days!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    That's going to come as quite a surprise to a lot of Aztecs and Incas.
    Nice point: is it more meaningful an historic not documented tale, or a preistoric totally documented evidence?

    Well, if some Irish or Viking were here before Cristoforo Colombo, certainly some asian people invaded Americas centuries and centuries before any European, before the History begun, then no written docs: but aren't "native" americans an evidence they arrived* first?

    *(Ther's no evidence that any human been populated americas before asiatic immigration, so they are probably first... )

  7. #7
    Senior Member Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,797

    Re: Happy Days!

    Well, they did a fine job of spiffing up the place before we got here, and i'm extremely grateful.

  8. #8

    Re: Happy Days!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Well, they did a fine job of spiffing up the place before we got here, and i'm extremely grateful.
    But they didn't invent root beer or Reece's Pieces now did they.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,797

    Re: Happy Days!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    But they didn't invent root beer or Reece's Pieces now did they.
    Yeah, or double cheeseburgers... or hotwings.

  10. #10

    Lightbulb Re: Happy Days!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

    Happy Cephalopod Awareness Day!


    Let me be the first to wish you a happy International Cephalopod Awareness Day. It is a day to celebrate cephalopods. Neither Columbus or Leif Erikson may have made it to the New World without Cephalopds. So dance like an octopus and remember your tentacled friends.


    So much to celebrate these days!


    Enjoy
    I, for one, am quite surprised that this post was not accompanied by an animated dancing squid or octopus
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •