• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Problem with JABB KP2 trumpet shakes

Share/Bookmark

Question Problem with JABB KP2 trumpet shakes

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to KP2 (v 2.2.3.003) and also upgraded my JABB library to (I hope!) the KP2 version.

Trumpet shakes which worked perfectly before now behave strangely. Every note within the shake is too quiet. After further investigation, it seems as if the "shake" notes crescendo slowly and all I'm hearing is the early quiet part of the waveform.

Even Tom Hopkins' midi file from the tutorial gave the same problem.

This is his shake demo as it comes out on my machine: http://www.prospero.me.uk/audio/shakes.mp3

(A screenshot of my midi editor, if you're wondering: http://www.prospero.me.uk/audio/shakes_screenshot.jpg)

Please help.

Re: Problem with JABB KP2 trumpet shakes

Hi, prospero

Hummm---Things do indeed seem rather messed up. I couldn't totally understand the screen shot because I use Sonar, not Cubase, and the details were so small I couldn't see what they were. The bars are levels of various MIDI controllers?

But in the MP3, I heard a trill, not a shake. The Legato isn't happening, the shake isn't happening--It's like, just not Happening.

??

Sorry I don't have answers, just sympathy! Hopefully someone will spot the error here - because there has to be one, --like, do you really have the upgraded JABB? hummm.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks for your reply, Randy.

I have double checked and I am definately using the KP2 version of JABB.

The screenshot is of the midi file supplied by Garritan.com as part of the Trumpet Shakes tutorial. The link is: www.garritan.com/JABB/ShakesTutorial/BbShake.mid

And it should sound like this:
    www.garritan.com/JABB/ShakesTutorial/BbSimShake.mp3

(or see the original post on this forum:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=41282)

Could you (or someone else) possibly try this midi file with kp2 + jabb and see what comes out, please? I'd be very grateful.

Hi, prospero
    Doesn't work with me either. I had the same problem with portamento, even using Tom's midi file. May be it was something I was doing wrong, but in the end I gave up. Portamento worked for me ok in KP1.

David

oh my - You've found something for sure, Prospero. I grabbed the MIDI file, set things up in KP2 and got the same WRong results as you and David. In my MIDI editor, I checked all the data--it's all there, the appropriate cc64, 20 and 28.

Does not work.

!

TOM HOPKINS---HEEeeeeeeeeeelp!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

This was first brought to my attention before I left on my trip a couple of weeks ago. I briefly checked it and found that KP2 had definitely broken the existing trumpet shakes programming. The exact nature and source of the problem is not yet identified. Now that I'm back from traveling I will see if I can find a fix. Any fix will be included in a future update. I have no idea how soon that will be.

Tom

Tom!,

would you mind checking the portamento?

thanks in advance.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Davidart
    Tom!,

would you mind checking the portamento?

thanks in advance.

David
    David portamento does work with K2. The Performance Patches automate portamento for a number of the JABB horns, brass & ww with no problems. Are you having trouble with specific instruments?

Hi Mike!

Does it work with K2 and KP2? I can't get Tom's portamento midi file to work with the string section instruments using KP2. It was easy using KP1.

Thanks for info Mike. I'm fairly new to samplers so I'll see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. may be Tom's midi file got corrupted.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Davidart
    Hi Mike!

Does it work with K2 and KP2? I can't get Tom's portamento midi file to work with the string section instruments using KP2. It was easy using KP1.

Thanks for info Mike. I'm fairly new to samplers so I'll see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. may be Tom's midi file got corrupted.

David
    David,

Sorry for that, yes both portamento itself and the performance patches work in the K2 player

Go Back to forum