• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Journey

Share/Bookmark

Question Journey

Hi all:
    This is my first attempt at posting an MP3 here on garritans player, sorry for the length, it was written in finale 2008 and medeled with in cubase. It is one of 3 I have written this year. I hope this worked.

http://www.garritan.net/files/Journey%2008.mp3
    Last edited by taylorchandler; 10-08-2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: couldn't find file

Re: Journey

In your first attempt you apparently forgot to post a link to the file.

oops,,,I guess I don't know what the link is...sorry.

I"ll see if i can find it for you, it is the url address to the file, it will be http://www.garritan.net/something/so...g/blahblahblah

edit: well i can't get in, it says i have to have a password, just go back in and the file should have a way to retrieve the address of it,

and you copy that address to paste into your top post, it will automatically place url tags on it to make it a link.

Here is a link to the player:
    http://www.garritan.net/player/
    It's on the list, and if you click the thing that looks like a hard drive it opens the page. To get the address you just copy it from the address bar of your browser.

here it is, so copy this and edit your first post to paste it in.
    http://www.garritan.net/files/Journey%2008.mp3

I'll listen to it when i return this evening.

David

Thumbs up Re: Journey

Thankyou Leaf for helping this dumb newbie to post the MP3 and let someone else listen to it.

That was one very interesting journey, John!

Sounds similar to this guy named Bach.
    Today, when i was driving, they were playing Bach on the radio, and there were many Bachs, i think they ware all related, and all of them sounded great and similar. There were too many for me to remember, and the ones in the later part of the show were all named Johan so you have to go by their middle names. Whichever one they had between Johann Michael Bach, and his nephew JS Bach, is the one which this music reminds me, some other uncle i think.

That is some very compicated work to get right i'm sure but it sounds like you are on your way with this one. A few tweaks in the mix and you'll have this sounding great, but i'm not the one to pinpoint what should come forward and what should be placed further back, that is something i want to learn but not there yet.

Your timpani sounded different than i have heard but sounded good. I would make it go slightly slower and a bit longer, but that is just personal preference.

Great piece though! Thanks for posting it.

David

Very baroque. You should fixit. Lol. JK. Sounds good. Keep us busy with more posts.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Hi, Taylor - This is great, to see you finally posting some music for us.

--an aside - Thank you David "Leaf" for helping Taylor out with posting his link.

Sorry for the length you said? - My first bit of feedback - best to never start off with an apology when presenting yourself or your work. Better to say "Here's what I've done! It is what it is. I want you to hear!" - Confidence, Taylor!

Surprising turns in this piece! I love how at first I was somewhat lulled into thinking the piece would remain traditionally tonal and paying homage to the earlier classics, when suddenly I was grabbed and dragged down some almost eerily lit alleys. Nice!

There were times when I felt I was hearing orchestrated improvisation which could maybe benefit from editing and more organization.

It Is a journey, of a constantly unwinding but not always expanding sort. I didn't feel the landscape had a great deal of variety, and I definitely didn't feel I reached a destination.

Hummm. I'm thinking this may be better suited as a series of pieces rather than one long one?

I've let it play twice now because I was interested and wanted to hear it again - That's a good sign!

Thanks for your unusual piece, Taylor!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

To me, it felt like a journey through time rather than space. What an interesting mixture of periods! Very inventive.

I agree with Randy though - I admit that I got lost about half way through. But I enjoyed it none the less.

Owen

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast