• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Angels we have heard on high

Share/Bookmark

Cool Angels we have heard on high

I haven't posted music here for some time now... so I thought it would be good idea to post some now.

Here's a new arrangement of the Christmas carol "Angels we have heard on high" for organ and trumpet.

The trumpet is from GPO but the the organ is a sample which another organist on this board (Giwro) did, and played through MyOrgan.

The verses I use is:
    ----
    Angels we have heard on high
    Sweetly singing o’er the plains,
    And the mountains in reply
    Echoing their joyous strains.

Refrain

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
    Gloria, in excelsis Deo!

Shepherds, why this jubilee?
    Why your joyous strains prolong?
    What the gladsome tidings be
    Which inspire your heavenly song?

Refrain

Come to Bethlehem and see
    Christ Whose birth the angels sing;
    Come, adore on bended knee,
    Christ the Lord, the newborn King.
    ----

Hope you like it!

Listen!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Angels we have heard on high

Nice overfall,,,might try to add vibrato to slower tpt part,,,I use afterpress on my keyboard to control it in the .mid. edit of my sequencer.

Thumbs up Re: Angels we have heard on high

Very cool trumpeting, falcon1. I'm hitting the save button on this one to play for the holidays.

David

falcon
    I got you on now..........man with all this christmas music going on I am already in the mood..................great job brother..............I enjoyed listening...........

Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Hi, Falcon - Forgive the punning reference to your user name, but your version of "Angels" really has wings!

This is without a doubt the Happiest version of the carol I've ever heard. All those rippling arpeggios, and some bouncing rhythms on the organ, especially early on. And the effect is really nice.

The first pass with the Trumpet, doing the short punctuations, somehow didn't quite work for me, but then when you let loose, it was a really good Trumpet solo.

Taylor gave you good feedback, I concur - the one thing missing from your GPO Trumpet playing is the use of Vibrato. It's really needed on most of the notes that sustain for more than 8th note. As Taylor said, it's controlled with After Touch - which can be drawn into a MIDI editor if you don't have it otherwise available. And the speed of the vibrato is controlled by cc 17.

Very impressive arrangement of this. Thanks!--oh man, it's not even Halloween yet--am I supposed to start my Christmas shopping now??

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Falcon,

You never dissapoint me with your organ prowness. The trumpet that you associate with the organ correctly is without vibrato. The soloist might stand just a touch to sweeten it up. But on the whole, excellent work!!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

P.S. Check out my St. Anne's Fugue transcription posted a few lines down from you

Great organ work there. That and the trumpet makes for super seasonal listening.

I hope you can post again.

Phil

Thank you all for kind words.

rbowser, you should been done with Christmas shop allready.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Wow, I love the organ accompaniment! Do you play organ, or have you written any solo organ pieces? Really enjoyed listening to the organist run all over the manuals!

Very nice arrangment!

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols
    Wow, I love the organ accompaniment! Do you play organ, or have you written any solo organ pieces? Really enjoyed listening to the organist run all over the manuals!

Very nice arrangment!
    Hi Ben, yes I'm an organist. Yes, I have written solo organ pieces - mostly small ones but I'm working on a big piece now called Passacaglia, Variations and Fugue. I have posted the Passacaglia here on Northernsounds.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast