• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem Drum Kit 3 and other things

Problem Drum Kit 3 and other things

I'm new here and I don't know exactly whether this is already been asked, but I've got a problem with the Jazz Drum Kit 3 in Jazz and Big Band.

Here is a link to an mp3 generated with Garritan Jazz and BB: http://users.skynet.be/bemboomd/cedric/test.mp3

You here at 00'05" that the crash symbal isn't sustaining. It is just heard a few milliseconds, and then it's gone. What's my problem?

And then, when I load 10 sounds or more, I get an error that I'm running out of memory. Is this bad?

PS: The sounds are also unstable (more specific: the rythms), as you hear in the mp3. What could be the reason?

Chandler, Arizona

Re: Problem Drum Kit 3 and other things

What kind of system are you using including CPU and RAM amounts? Are you recording with a sequencer or using a notation program?

I'm using an Intel Core 2, 1.87GHz, 1022 Mb RAM, 32-bit.
    I use Sibelius 4 to make music...

When I push the note from the crash symbal on the piano keyboard in Garritan and directly afterwards I push a note from another symbal, the sound of the crash cymbal just cuts off and doesn't sustain...

What I heard when I listened sounded like the open hi-hat sound, which does cut off when another hi-hat sound plays. Are you sure it wasn't one of the hi-hat sounds? The hi-hat has 5 sounds, two closed, the half open and fully open, then the "hi-hat crash", which is on a B. The first crash cymbal is on the next c# up. I would check that first.

By the way, the note names are the mapping in JABB, in Sibelius you want to check first that the crash cymbal is on a crash cymbal line (usually the first ledger line above the staff), and second that the sound in the Edit staff types dialogue is set to the correct note in JABB. I am using Sibelius 5 now, which has a different system for that, so I forget exactly how it works is Sib 4, but it is something like that.

Thank you very much!
    This worked for me...

And what about the unstableness of the rythm?
    Do you have an explanation for that?

Go Back to forum